2004 Denali Z55 front shocks swapped to Bilstein B6s question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spyderrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2004 Denali, swapped out the worn front shocks and installed B6 Bilsteins. Factory shock had a sensor on top which can’t be used on the B6. I knew I was gonna have the SERVICE SUSPENSION message on the dash, I’m not really concerned about it. To bypass this, I’m reading about resisters and I’ve seen a video of someone that pulls the 30 amp active suspension fuse. To those that have done this, what did you do? I still have the factory air ride suspension in the back. Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the resistor across the 2 wires coming into the electrical connector that plugs into the top of the OEM shock to complete the circuit. I recommend that you keep the electrical connectors, just in case that you want to back to the OEM shock, as these connectors can be hard to find. You should be able to get the resistors at the same place that you bought the shocks. If not, folks on this Forum will be able to recommend other sources of these resistors.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my resistors from eBay made for this bypass. I love those Bilsteins in mine too! The built in resistors in my rear Arnott air shocks seemed to fail in about a year. I ziptied the fronts up and out of the way from manifold. Your can leave the yaw sensor and linkage arms intact.

OP
OP
S

spyderrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my resistors from eBay made for this bypass. I love those Bilsteins in mine too! The built in resistors in my rear Arnott air shocks seemed to fail in about a year. I ziptied the fronts up and out of the way from manifold. Your can leave the yaw sensor and linkage arms intact.
Would you happen to have a link to them?

General Mishap Co

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2004 Denali, swapped out the worn front shocks and installed B6 Bilsteins. Factory shock had a sensor on top which can’t be used on the B6. I knew I was gonna have the SERVICE SUSPENSION message on the dash, I’m not really concerned about it. To bypass this, I’m reading about resisters and I’ve seen a video of someone that pulls the 30 amp active suspension fuse. To those that have done this, what did you do? I still have the factory air ride suspension in the back. Thanks
Any fitment issues with installing the B6 on a Z55 suspension? How do you know which one to buy? All my web searches result in "Product does not fit your vehicle".

OP
OP
S

spyderrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed 24-065009 and they bolt up no problem. Just lookup w/o Z55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans