2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God I’m so dumb sometimes, so I ended up fixing the ECT issue by repairing a bare wire in the sensor pigtail. While I was doing that I pulled the sensor and let a bunch of coolant run out. After I put it all back together the ECT issue was gone. I drive it for about a full tank of gas over the last month since then and a few times the truck has gotten kinda warm for the first time ever.

Turns out I forget to add the lost coolant back in, and it wasn’t a small amount…… it was nearly 3 gallons :eek:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
God I’m so dumb sometimes, so I ended up fixing the ECT issue by repairing a bare wire in the sensor pigtail. While I was doing that I pulled the sensor and let a bunch of coolant run out. After I put it all back together the ECT issue was gone. I drive it for about a full tank of gas over the last month since then and a few times the truck has gotten kinda warm for the first time ever.

Turns out I forget to add the lost coolant back in, and it wasn’t a small amount…… it was nearly 3 gallons :eek:
It's called "old age". I am 71 and leave myself reminders all the time. Post-It notes, dipsticks on the w/s....etc.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things been running great since I hydrated it. It needs tires badly tho, really torn on what to put on it. I like the 275/60/20s but I’m afraid if I get a more aggressive tread it with rub. Then I don’t know why I’d need more aggressive tread, so maybe some michelin defenders. I just want something smooth and quiet at highway speeds, these have a little vibration and more noise than I’d like.

I think the Viking shocks are getting worn out too, I think they are approaching 30k miles or maybe past that I can’t remember when I put them on. My ranger rides so unbelievably good I’m actually considering ditching the Viking stuff and attempting to find a Bilstein 6112/5165 combo that would fit. I just don’t know if being lowered there’s an option that will fit. Might have to consider raising it up to stock. Or I guess I could just have the Viking stuff rebuilt. Just don’t know that I care about all the adjustability any more. I’ve learned that I don’t give a crap about trying to dial launch traction while drag racing and just like burnouts and smooth rides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlesstilson