2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy needed a part today so while I was at O'Reilly getting that for him, I grabbed a set of them plugs. At $5 each, I'm not even gonna try to shop around and risk getting counterfeits. I had the guy grab an NGK Iridium (or Iridium IX?) like what I'm running now so I could compare the size and fit. Honestly, I'm not expecting feeling anything. I guess I could try advancing my timing a miniscule amount and watch for knock. I was gonna throw 'em in when I install that alcohol sensor. But I should wait and get baselines once all that's done and settled. Really, there's probably not much room left in the timing to be worth messing with. I'm still not so qualified to be messing around there. Baby steps.

I just spoke to the new tuner for 15min on the phone. Swapping to the copper TR6s made the entire tune almost 10% rich across the board. That’s a massive difference, and I actually thought something happened to skew the data because all I did was change plugs and do a new log then that happened. He said that with the iridium’s the computer was pulling a good bit of timing out and now it’s taking all the timing without any KR and burning cleaner, and even bank to bank. I’ll post my spark table when I get off the toilet.

Anyway he’s pulling some fuel and told me to give it hell tomorrow including trying to do a sitting brake stand burnout because I mentioned the truck always seemed to want to bog down and die a few seconds into a sitting burnout.

Attachments

• high octane spark table.PNG
    high octane spark table.PNG
    632.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to the new tuner for 15min on the phone. Swapping to the copper TR6s made the entire tune almost 10% rich across the board. That’s a massive difference, and I actually thought something happened to skew the data because all I did was change plugs and do a new log then that happened. He said that with the iridium’s the computer was pulling a good bit of timing out and now it’s taking all the timing without any KR and burning cleaner, and even bank to bank. I’ll post my spark table when I get off the toilet.

Anyway he’s pulling some fuel and told me to give it hell tomorrow including trying to do a sitting brake stand burnout because I mentioned the truck always seemed to want to bog down and die a few seconds into a sitting burnout.

f5f60744-ffdc-4f71-884a-9a5018109d51_text.gif

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return yours and I’ll send you mine out of the trash
Already installed, but thank you
you tuning paint now :Frustrated:
I'm gonna try my best. THEN attempt to work on the engine tune. I had it tuned when I originally built the engine but that was 15 years ago. It runs and drives, just has issues here and there. I need bigger injectors and I plan on doing some new ARH headers and changing up the exhaust cut out location.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tune is really coming out well, truck even does burnouts again without bogging down and stalling. However, when the ac shuts off due to WOT it doesn't always want to come back on, and it's now stuck on defrost only.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    787.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 5

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already installed, but thank you

I'm gonna try my best. THEN attempt to work on the engine tune. I had it tuned when I originally built the engine but that was 15 years ago. It runs and drives, just has issues here and there. I need bigger injectors and I plan on doing some new ARH headers and changing up the exhaust cut out location.
And get the nawz workin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts