2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to think it and say it but I have seen where when all else is eliminated, it turns out to be a leak at the evaporator. I did not see a thread about your a/c problems but has that been looked at? Not that you can see it till you rip it out of there.
Don’t put that voodoo on me Ricky Bobby!!!!

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but have been there and done that so many times. Lots of a/c work when I was in KC, Mo.

It is what it is, if that’s the case I’ll fill the AC right before a potential buyer comes to see it and then kick the truck to the curb…..

Jk anything can be fixed, but I don’t think that’s the issue, I’m wondering if it leaked out and I just haven’t inspected it well enough with the black light to find the leak.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It is what it is, if that’s the case I’ll fill the AC right before a potential buyer comes to see it and then kick the truck to the curb…..

Jk anything can be fixed, but I don’t think that’s the issue, I’m wondering if it leaked out and I just haven’t inspected it well enough with the black light to find the leak.
I know you likely know this, but refrigerant is heavier than air and when checking for a leak you need to sense at the low part of the fitting or seal. I used to use a lit propane cannister that had a flex hose that I ran along the a/s lines and components and watched for the flame to turn green. I always that the battery powered sensors were 50/50 accurate. Plus, the lower the charge/pressure in the system, the slower it leaks. Found a few evap leaks by shoving my propane flex hose up the condensation drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094