2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt that either the ground or the power goes through the ECU. The fuel gauge does, but the pump takes too much current for the ECU to handle. Hence the power relay.

You are probably right about that, I didn’t trace it all the way I just did a visual and spotted that which happened to fix the problem. I was trying to identify the color but it’s all muddy and I was in a bit of a hurry to finish.

mine was just a cheap relay some idiot installed :oops:
These idiots that keep doing stuff to our trucks are worse than Cat thieves or hurricanes.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accomplished the 285k oil change last night after the fuel pump was solved. Drain magnet looked awesome and had nothing solid just a very small amount of mush. The oil filter looked great too, I saw nothing out of the ordinary, which makes sense because the oil itself looked golden still which just blows my mind for a 5k interval on a ragged old pos.

I put in some 10-40 this time to see if my hot idle OP is over 20psi with thicker stuff.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yayy my AC isn’t working again :banghead:
Cadillac still junk too if it makes you feel better.
Exhaust is on and no more cel, or exhaust leak. But still kinda shakes/shudders with light throttle. Converter slip trying to make the drive smoother, im prob just going to send in the tcm to be unlocked and change tune to either allow no slip or stay unlocked till higher gears. Gm tune is just garbage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish