2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don’t even know what a REP problem is…:crazy:
Lucky.
I swear this thing hates me! AC has been blowing ice cold, tune is running fantastic, all for about what, three days? Headed home today I was getting it a bit since it rained and there’s no traction in second gear over 50%wot but I only spun and slide a few times then kicked the stereo up and was cruising home when…… REP! Had all 3 codes that usually point to TB, ground, or X link. Code wouldn’t clear and I was stuck dead in the middle of the road at night in a drizzle, because the truck would not start or stay running this time for whatever reason. So I had to hop out, pop the hood, disconnect the Tb connector, clear the code and go about my drive home. The TB is new as is the ground wire, the X link is only a couple years old and I don’t think it’s that. So what could it be throttle pedal sensor?

I just ordered one because I hate this shit.
What brand tb is it? Could be bad already.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you DBC people!

OEM LS3, its stamped GM on it and I paid a good bit for it so I'm fairly certain it's true OEM. It's only about 6 months old if that.
Do you think there's any possibility the pcm is going bad? I only mention this because of the multiple random issues that you've been having and no real reason or solution.

This isn't a story for ls stuff but my buddy had a 98 Sonoma years ago. Prob 2005 or so. He bought it used and after a day of ownership (and me washing the engine bay), it started doing all kinds of weird stuff, randomly. It would suddenly go super rich, sometimes miss, sometimes not start. At first it was "my fault" for washing the engine bay. He replaced everything that would throw a code. After about 6 months of that and a host of new parts, some dude recommended he replace the computer. After that, no issues for next 5-6 years that he owned it. We concluded thats probably the reason the truck was listed for sale to start with....Ben. I told you it wasn't from washing the engine bay!

Thats probably not your issues but after all of the randomness, that memory just popped back in my head.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think there's any possibility the pcm is going bad? I only mention this because of the multiple random issues that you've been having and no real reason or solution.

This isn't a story for ls stuff but my buddy had a 98 Sonoma years ago. Prob 2005 or so. He bought it used and after a day of ownership (and me washing the engine bay), it started doing all kinds of weird stuff, randomly. It would suddenly go super rich, sometimes miss, sometimes not start. At first it was "my fault" for washing the engine bay. He replaced everything that would throw a code. After about 6 months of that and a host of new parts, some dude recommended he replace the computer. After that, no issues for next 5-6 years that he owned it. We concluded thats probably the reason the truck was listed for sale to start with....Ben. I told you it wasn't from washing the engine bay!

Thats probably not your issues but after all of the randomness, that memory just popped back in my head.
I have actually caused a misfire in someone's Dodge Dakota by telling them to hose off the mud from their engine. Water got down in the not protected at all spark plug holes and caused all sorts of hell! ECU is possible but REP is so common in the DBW trucks I'm pretty sure it's one of those components, likely the pedal sensor.
No, mines DBW. But the only time I had REP was once when my cats were clogged.
Wow, I didn't know 2002s had DBW, cats being clogged is an odd reason for REP too.
This was my clue to figuring out what it meant.

I always thought Reduced Engine Power was a factory-installed feature and the purpose of custom tuning and mods. :bleh:
I'm confused, are you saying that REP is possibly able to be tuned off?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have actually caused a misfire in someone's Dodge Dakota by telling them to hose off the mud from their engine. Water got down in the not protected at all spark plug holes and caused all sorts of hell! ECU is possible but REP is so common in the DBW trucks I'm pretty sure it's one of those components, likely the pedal sensor.

Wow, I didn't know 2002s had DBW, cats being clogged is an odd reason for REP too.

2002 was the changeover year so the early part of the year had DBC, later in the year they changed to DBW. I was fortunate mine was built late in the year because Whipple doesn’t sell a kit for the DBC engines.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 was the changeover year so the early part of the year had DBC, later in the year they changed to DBW. I was fortunate mine was built late in the year because Whipple doesn’t sell a kit for the DBC engines.
Oh good to know info right there! I keep looking for a clean Denali or top optioned Z71 Tahoe with a blown trans or motor for a decent price. I'd seriously consider swapping my parts into a 4x4 and ditching this chassis.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wasn't saying that, although I can't say that it couldn't be.

I was just saying they come from the factory with reduced engine power, mostly via Torque Management. I wasn't referencing the actual function of REP that occurs after a failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep