2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dahm shots fired! I’m gonna swap cam sensors again in about an hour and hope that does something, if not I’ll just order a device for myself. I’ve been needing one for years anyway.

Let me know, Don Garlits' Museum of Drag Racing won't take all day. You're right on the way if needs be, I remembered where you are now, beautiful country!

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curse my giant hands! While giving the cam sensor the reach around I somehow broke the oil pressure sensor. Gotta wait till after turkey time to put it in and hope the new cam sensor is better. This one I got from auto zone and it looks to be better quality than the AC Delco OEM replacement I put in a month ago. The AC Delco has china stamped on it and the plastic has molding marks that look cheap compared to this autozone sensor. Also not sure what this finger nail looking sliver is that was on the tip of the old sensor when I removed it but maybe it has something to do with it. The sliver appears to be plastic.

Attachments

• 5216654B-A5CE-4DA7-820B-29D8BD30850B.jpeg
    5216654B-A5CE-4DA7-820B-29D8BD30850B.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 7
  • D5F6275C-7610-4860-8A1F-3B87D081CABA.jpeg
    D5F6275C-7610-4860-8A1F-3B87D081CABA.jpeg
    455.8 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is very frustrating I wired in the new pigtail and put everything back together. It only takes me about 5 -7minutes to remove or install the intake with my M12 ratchet. Got it back together and the truck started right up! With a check engine light saying cam sensor voltage low……. First time it’s had a cam sensor code since the very first time it started funny over a month ago. I cleared the code and shut off and restarted the truck multiple times with no issues except the cam sensor code keeps popping up. Even went for a drive during which is shut off and restarted the truck multiple times without any cranking issues.

Not sure what to do at this point, maybe because the pigtail came with an extra foot of wire and I left it full length the extra resistance is causing the code to pop up? Maybe I should just turn off the SES light with that code on HPT? Or maybe I need to mess with it even more …..

I did spend some time and cleaned up my harness by wrapping a bunch of stuff with that cloth like tape @Rocket Man suggested. That stuff is super easy to work with and no icky sticky.

Sorry no good pics.

Attachments

• A4B70008-855A-4B48-923B-77D8C98D994E.jpeg
    A4B70008-855A-4B48-923B-77D8C98D994E.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 5

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is very frustrating I wired in the new pigtail and put everything back together. It only takes me about 5 -7minutes to remove or install the intake with my M12 ratchet. Got it back together and the truck started right up! With a check engine light saying cam sensor voltage low……. First time it’s had a cam sensor code since the very first time it started funny over a month ago. I cleared the code and shut off and restarted the truck multiple times with no issues except the cam sensor code keeps popping up. Even went for a drive during which is shut off and restarted the truck multiple times without any cranking issues.

Not sure what to do at this point, maybe because the pigtail came with an extra foot of wire and I left it full length the extra resistance is causing the code to pop up? Maybe I should just turn off the SES light with that code on HPT? Or maybe I need to mess with it even more …..

I did spend some time and cleaned up my harness by wrapping a bunch of stuff with that cloth like tape @Rocket Man suggested. That stuff is super easy to work with and no icky sticky.

Sorry no good pics.

You sure you have the polarity correct?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure you have the polarity correct?

I triple-checked by referencing a picture I took before I snipped it off. I will be pulling it all back off this weekend to quadruple check tho. I love that the new connector came with all three identical grey colored wires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beat the piss out of this thing yesterday evening pulling an Amazon van out of the sandy road by my house. Lucky for him there was a thin strip of grass running down the fence line parallel to the road he was stuck on, I was able to back down that strip, hook up my bubba rope and ****** him half a dozen times before he finally came free. It was one of the very large ford vans which to my surprise was RWD and had a monster 3/4ton rear axle. Another surprise is that a supervisor of some sort was there and he told the driver to wrap my rope directly around the bumper step. I made it very clear that I was going to ****** the ever-loving shit out of that bumper and he assured me it was built for that....... To my surprise, it held up perfectly fine! I couldn't believe it because when I was snatching it would sling the rear of the Tahoe over about two feet every time.

Anyway, I was successful and it only made me love this truck even more and very glad that I did the 9.5sf swap and kept a locker because the G80 in this thing has proven to be a tough mofo.