2003 Yukon xl Newbie! BC Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, pretty new to the forum, I've asked a few questions here and there, and was surprised at how much great info I was given, sometimes within minutes! I have a 2003 Yukon xl slt, I was a Chevy truck guy for many years, but after the 4th kid, I'm now a Yukon die hard lol! I gotta say I absolutely love driving this truck, and wish I bought one sooner! A lil about the truck so far, I bought the truck for 3000 Canadian with a rebuilt transmission installed, was told it needed an 02 sensor and that was about it, scanned it and sure enough that was the only thing that popped up, so bought it and started a 45 min drive home. on the highway there was some noticeable play in the wheel, figured no biggie, might need a lil front end work ( used to that being a Chevy truck guy), get home, park it, and noticed a leak out the t case (long story short) 2 used t cases later got it fixed, old one had pin hole leak (pump rub) so that kinda sucked. within a week of owning it speedo quit workin, so found a 2500 Yukon with trans temp and put it in so far so good! So its been about 2 years now, I've since done idler, pitman, both wheel bearings, and all rotors and pads, intake gaskets and both exhaust manifolds, aftermarket tails led bulbs with resistor's, cpl miscellaneous sensors, new set of Duratracs . I'm very happy to say its got nothing wrong mechanically now, may need a steering box at some point, but ill cross that bridge when it comes up lol. I'm lookin to upgrade it now, really cant decide to lift it a lil or drop it lol. 2 things I know I'm doing is an hd hood (gonna cut to fit) I wanna keep gm grill, and esky rear vent covers.IMG_20210311_140317_2.jpg IMG_20210311_135946_0.jpg IMG_20210311_135750_5.jpg

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Kurt!

Your Yukon still looks brand new. I am sure the members in the 2000-2006 section will help you make up your mind on the lift.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Your truck looks well preserved.

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. Have a y interior shots? Does it have the 5.3?
Yes 5.3 actually gets pretty decent mileage, ill get some interior shots soon, 4 kids so it gets pretty messy lol, has leather with center console tho. later down the road would like to redo some of the plastics, got pretty banged up, used it for work also (drywall boarder)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes 5.3 actually gets pretty decent mileage, ill get some interior shots soon, 4 kids so it gets pretty messy lol, has leather with center console tho. later down the road would like to redo some of the plastics, got pretty banged up, used it for work also (drywall boarder)
With some light scratches you can get away using a heat gun--but be careful.

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With some light scratches you can get away using a heat gun--but be careful.
that's a great suggestion, but I think mine might be a lil too far gone in the back, Use to run a 3 man crew, use to haul everything needed to board a house and three guys, I gotta say it was the most capable family/work rig I've owned so far, its now retired its work duties, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a parts caddy or yukon.2020-05-20 (1).jpg IMG_20210311_140918_4.jpg IMG_20210311_140845_9.jpg

OP
OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every other week, it'd haul 2 2' sawhorses, 2 4' sawhorses, 3 3' sawhorses, a 7' to 11' extendable plank, a drywall cart, 50lbs of screws, 12 pack of big glue tubes, and a huge Rubbermaid crate of hand tools, saws, belts, screwguns, etc. And 3 overweight drywallers lol. It was very impressive, and many people could not believe their eyes. Always had the seats still in it, just the rear folded down and 60 side also folded. Many people suggested using the rack on top, but I was always concerned about theft.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods