2003 Yukon SLT Power steering pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zmann96

Reaction score
I had to purchase a new power steering cooler. It came with just barbed hose connections. the original came with one barbed and the other has a what looks like a High pressure hose connected directly to cooler. Is it high pressure from the cooler to the rack? The new cooler came with hose clamps, I'm wondering if I can connect with what they gave me. It's not OEM, I checked around and none had the oem in stock, I hit a deer this morning and have to get this going for tomorrow for work.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had to purchase a new power steering cooler. It came with just barbed hose connections. the original came with one barbed and the other has a what looks like a High pressure hose connected directly to cooler. Is it high pressure from the cooler to the rack? The new cooler came with hose clamps, I'm wondering if I can connect with what they gave me. It's not OEM, I checked around and none had the oem in stock, I hit a deer this morning and have to get this going for tomorrow for work.
I just deleted mine. It was leaking. No ill effects, been about 3-4 years now.

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
I just deleted mine. It was leaking. No ill effects, been about 3-4 years now.
How did you tie the two lines together? did you use hose and clamps. I'm wondering about the pressure from the rack line

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return line is routed thru cooler, not too much pressure. Did your kit include hoses? use em. If it concerns you alot, Flare or swage line and hardline it. Hose will get ya to work.

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
Return line is routed thru cooler, not too much pressure. Did your kit include hoses? use em. If it concerns you alot, Flare or swage line and hardline it. Hose will get ya to work.
Ok, was concerned because it came with reinforced hoses but the original hose from rack was hi pressure hose connected direct to original cooler. Thanks for that info, much appreciated.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How did you tie the two lines together? did you use hose and clamps. I'm wondering about the pressure from the rack line
Yes, exactly. This is when I 1st did it, so there was still pwr steering fluid all over. It doesn't leak at all.Screenshot_20210411-173417_Gallery.jpg
I'm in NJ, and the pwr steering coolers all eventually leak. 20210411_173331.jpg
I have a small aftermarket that I'll eventually put on--1 day.

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
Yes, exactly. This is when I 1st did it, so there was still pwr steering fluid all over. It doesn't leak at all.View attachment 276038
I'm in NJ, and the pwr steering coolers all eventually leak. View attachment 276037
I have a small aftermarket that I'll eventually put on--1 day.
yeah, that's what I picked up today a small aftermarket. Thanks for posting this. I was just concerned when I saw the original hydraulic hose directly to cooler, thought it was high pressure from rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos