2003 Yukon Denali Trans/electronic Problem (shifting & rpm)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4L65e is the same as a 4L60e with some upgrades internally to hand the LS series engine torque and HP. In your vid all looks normal except 2-3 shift slips and it will burn the clutches. Smell your fluid because if it is burnt then the damage is already done. It wont get better. Better keep your receipt and hope it has a warranty because they will be rebuilding it again. If they try to tell you its ok and your fluid is burnt then they are lying to you and hoping that it lasts past the warranty period. Have fun with that mess.

Engine misfires causes the tach to go crazy downward because the engine lose rpm from the temp dead cylinder not upward like a clutch slip does.

OP
OP
R

roveer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why can't people just do the right thing? It's bad enough to pay the extreme prices, but then to get screwed in the process is just beyond my comprehension. Now I fight.

Receipt is 2 years 30k miles. Let's see what happens. I'm going to hit this head on and go legal if they won't address. That's what you get when you charge at the top end of the scale for your services. If your gonna do that to me, then I'm sure as shit going to do that right back to you.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't people just do the right thing? It's bad enough to pay the extreme prices, but then to get screwed in the process is just beyond my comprehension. Now I fight.

Receipt is 2 years 30k miles. Let's see what happens. I'm going to hit this head on and go legal if they won't address. That's what you get when you charge at the top end of the scale for your services. If your gonna do that to me, then I'm sure as shit going to do that right back to you.
Transmission shops have been known to screw people over for decades. Its just one of those things that not many people know enough about them (transmissions) to be able to raise the BS flag when they are being lied to. Sure there are some "honest ones" out there but every transmission shop ive ever walked into has done atleast one shady thing. Like use filtered used transmission fluid for the base rebuilds and only the new fluid on the complete overhaul high pay job or reuse steels when the kit came with new ones or take a part out of a core transmission and install in customers tranny and turn around and charge them a new part price....and the list goes on.

OP
OP
R

roveer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I took the truck back to the transmission shop after speaking with the owner. After they test drove it they called me and said "yeah, something definitely wrong". We'll dig into it and get it fixed. They had it for a couple of days and I picked it up last week. As far as i can tell, it's working as it should. Of course, what do I know. Who knows what they did and what they replaced. Let's hope the transmission takes me to eol of this vehicle and isn't the reason I take it off the road.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and gave analysis and advice. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Roveer

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I took the truck back to the transmission shop after speaking with the owner. After they test drove it they called me and said "yeah, something definitely wrong". We'll dig into it and get it fixed. They had it for a couple of days and I picked it up last week. As far as i can tell, it's working as it should. Of course, what do I know. Who knows what they did and what they replaced. Let's hope the transmission takes me to eol of this vehicle and isn't the reason I take it off the road.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and gave analysis and advice. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Roveer
They didn't give you a completed work order stating what was fixed/replaced?

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission shops have been known to screw people over for decades. Its just one of those things that not many people know enough about them (transmissions) to be able to raise the BS flag when they are being lied to. Sure there are some "honest ones" out there but every transmission shop ive ever walked into has done atleast one shady thing. Like use filtered used transmission fluid for the base rebuilds and only the new fluid on the complete overhaul high pay job or reuse steels when the kit came with new ones or take a part out of a core transmission and install in customers tranny and turn around and charge them a new part price....and the list goes on.

One of the reasons I tackled rebuilding the trans. myself, plus I wanted to see just how difficult it was.

OP
OP
R

roveer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They didn't give you a completed work order stating what was fixed/replaced?

That's funny. This is NJ. I got a receipt. I think they actually spelled my name right. It listed the transmission (wrong model) and a few other things. Badda bing...

OP
OP
R

roveer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I watched the videos. It's actually very interesting. I don't have the tools or other equipment to allow for this type of job otherwise I would have considered it. I do however think I might have done better by getting a reman and having my mechanic swap it in when he was changing the main rear seal. Instead I had the transmission guy do the main rear seal when he had the transmission out. I didn't do the reman because I had read some stuff about people who had trouble with the replacement transmissions and they had to be shipped back to the company. Where's that leave me... So I went the route I did. Hopefully it holds up.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That's funny. This is NJ. I got a receipt. I think they actually spelled my name right. It listed the transmission (wrong model) and a few other things. Badda bing...
Where in Jersey? I'm in Jersey--born and raised. Not all of Jersey is equal tho. North is way different then south lol! Just my opinion tho.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Where in Jersey? I'm in Jersey--born and raised. Not all of Jersey is equal tho. North is way different then south lol! Just my opinion tho.

Pork roll or Taylor ham?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan