2003 Vs 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, good. First, how long has this been going on? Second, have you made repairs to any of these components and if yes, how many miles has it been since and how many tanks of gas?

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
I Replaced both cats and driven about 900 miles about 3 tanks. I replaced the evap over 2 years ago. I finally got rid of the coding about 900 miles ago.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your GMT800 wagon was made until 2006. GMT900 wagons began in model year 2007.

What exactly is not passing? Who do you know with a Tech-2 or equivalent for proper diagnostics?

2007 silverado classic model :oops:

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you dropped the body swap idea and I believe you said the check engine light is out I assume the issue with smog is the readiness monitors are not setting.

EVAP can be not ready and pass if there are no codes set so that leaves the 02 sensor heater circuit, the EGR and secondary air injection as the items that will prevent passing inspection.

The EGR and the secondary injection are both exhaust related so I would bet a very small exhaust leak is the issue; just enough to keep the monitors from giving the all clear but not enough to set a code and turn on the check engine light.

The 02 heater circuit has to be the sensor, if it was an issue with the harness power a code would be set.

On the plus side non of that stuff matters except for the smog inspectionn, that doesn't help get it registered but it does make your ride a good candidate for someone wanting to LS swap a classic car or pickup ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues