2003 Tahoe Z71 won't move in Drive or 3rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
So I plugged in my scanner and all I have is p0420 and p0455. I believe I need at least one new cat. I recently replaced my evap solonoid with one off my old silverado 2500 and thought I fixed the p0455 but apparently the code is back. My trans fluid is pink and does not smell burnt. Level is maybe a little higher than it should be. Also my speedo does work when I drive it in 1st. Other than that as I stated previously, it had a somewhat hard 1-2 shift about 60% of the time and once in a while a slightly hard 2-3 shift.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I plugged in my scanner and all I have is p0420 and p0455. I believe I need at least one new cat. I recently replaced my evap solonoid with one off my old silverado 2500 and thought I fixed the p0455 but apparently the code is back.
Since you mentioned this and I have been chasing similar demons on my own... Check your evap lines for charcoal pellets. If they are there, replace all your evap lines and the charcoal canister.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I had my transmission rebuilt once and that repair did not last as long as the original transmission. Maybe it's because so many of the parts don't get replaced in that process. The next time I went with a GM remanufactured transmission and I have hopes that it will last longer. It's my understanding that the service four-wheel drive message can be from the transfer case shift motor, the four-wheel drive switch, or the transfer case module under the dash. Mine turned out to be the last one when I got that message and had random transfer case shift problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989