2003 Tahoe Z71 ECM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeeG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm installing efans and unable to find anyone who has HPtuners to flash my ecm. In Colorado when I talk about it people look at me crosseyed! Will a 2005 or 2006 ECM work in my Tahoe?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could use black bear. they are a remote tuner/sponsor of the site. theres also tuners who will rent you a hpt then you let them have remote access to your laptop and they tune your file up and flash it, right in front of your eyes.

this guy does good work. https://www.joatspremium.com/store/p_1100760/remote-tune-w-tuner-rental i know a few other guys as well as my brother who have used him. i lent my hpt to my brother, bought the 2 credits as a birthday gift to get his costs lower on the tune.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or you could just buy your own HPTuner they go for like 400 with a couple credits. its really nice to have even if you dont fully understand what your doing, fans you could be walked through easy enough.

the scanner is awesome really. shows more live data then most of us know what to do with lol

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
or you could just buy your own HPTuner they go for like 400 with a couple credits. its really nice to have even if you dont fully understand what your doing, fans you could be walked through easy enough.

the scanner is awesome really. shows more live data then most of us know what to do with lol
I think, given the current political involvement in our vehicles, this is by far the best way to go. Who knows when we won’t be able to get it at all. I already have a BBP tune and AutoCal, but I’m seriously considering getting an HPTuners box as well.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also download Tunerpro (free), download LS Droid(free), and order the vtx pro bluetooth adapter ($75), and make a bench harness for flashing the computer ( junkyard spare parts and old printer power supply i had laying around).Then play around with it and do it yourself.
Ive done several swap flashes, efan flashes for friends. It is not too hard to learn.
And that goes back to the previous post about the political environment with tuning. Hpt is a big company, if they get shutdown you are *****. Tunerpro is standalone, Ls droid requires an internet connection for now but is slated for future standalone... so you dont need company "credits" to do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC