2003 GMC Yukon Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I believe its one of the fuses that you cant see the inside of. The ones under the hood. Any suggestions what to do would be great. Ty

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe its one of the fuses that you cant see the inside of. The ones under the hood. Any suggestions what to do would be great. Ty
Get a cheap test light and check fuses. Or a DVM if you have one. Either way is easier than visually checking them.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I purchase a test light and hooked up the ground to the negative battery terminal. I had power to the battery. No power to the alternator nut on back. No power to the red box below the alternator that the wire fron battery and wire from alternator meet.Any suggestions would be great. Ty

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchase a test light and hooked up the ground to the negative battery terminal. I had power to the battery. No power to the alternator nut on back. No power to the red box below the alternator that the wire fron battery and wire from alternator meet.Any suggestions would be great. Ty
Battery cable probably. Run a jumper and check, but don’t try to start it that way.
Edit: check both positive and ground, they’re equally important.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the cable holds true it’s astounding how many, and how many different, problems they can cause.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Im sorry I never got back to you all. I ended up finding the problem. My wire going to the starter was corroded and I cleaned it up and every thing so far is perfect. Ty to all for the great support