2003 GMC Yukon Airbag Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I have a 2003 GMC Yukon. My service airbag light came on and also across the display that says service airbag . I was just wondering maybe if someone can tell me what the problem would be and where to look and possibly where to get the parts if needed.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have a 2003 GMC Yukon. My service airbag light came on and also across the display that says service airbag . I was just wondering maybe if someone can tell me what the problem would be and where to look and possibly where to get the parts if needed.
I have an 03 Tahoe. I have the same exact issue and it's the driver side front impact sensor. Very common to go bad.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I wonder why it seems to always be the driver side sensor? Mine was the driver side as well. Anyways, I changed out both to be safe.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
There’s a plethora of online vendors. Try GMPartsdirect.com or SummitRacing.com. 1AAuto.com , RockAuto.com just to name a few

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
One more thing are they pretty easy to change is there any step-by-step instructions how to do it and how much do they usually cost and what particular brand should I buy

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more thing are they pretty easy to change is there any step-by-step instructions how to do it and how much do they usually cost and what particular brand should I buy
oem is best, but dorman makes one also, it's a single bolt and harness that clips on/off, very easy job

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I would disconnect the battery before doing this to be safe. My driver’s side went out and I replaced it for about $60. 1 month later, the passenger side went out lol

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I would disconnect the battery before doing this to be safe. My driver’s side went out and I replaced it for about $60. 1 month later, the passenger side went out lol[/QUOTE
Where did you purchase it for $60

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I think it was Amazon but it was 2 years ago. Edit: 3 1/2 years ago, and it was $54.99. I cross referenced a bunch of numbers, the one I used was 10370149. Looks like lots of places say “that’s doesn’t fit” but it does. No longer available on Amazon, but you could get it from advance auto for $76.99, I think you can use the 25% off coupon, so it’s be like $57. Or eBay

Last edited: