2003 Awd tire wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad111

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Non air ride

2003 yukon xl 1500 that is Awd with rough country keys and new tie rods, idler arm/bracket/ and pitman arm

16x10 wheels and 33” nitto ridge grapplers

Went for alignment after lift and suspension components and I’ve started to notice that the tires are really cupping on the inside

Could the upper/lower control arms have bad bushings that aren’t allowing it to move like it should?

I don’t think I’ve put 1,000miles on it since I got the alignment

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back to the alignment shop. thats to soon to be cupping.

i ran 33's on a 03 gmc pick up, keys rear lift blocks out side used to cup up on the out side by 5,000 miles. then rotate em. key part of tire life with larger tires is rotating them.

Maximus05Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Non air ride

2003 yukon xl 1500 that is Awd with rough country keys and new tie rods, idler arm/bracket/ and pitman arm

16x10 wheels and 33” nitto ridge grapplers

Went for alignment after lift and suspension components and I’ve started to notice that the tires are really cupping on the inside

Could the upper/lower control arms have bad bushings that aren’t allowing it to move like it should?

I don’t think I’ve put 1,000miles on it since I got the alignment
How close are upper control arms to your bump stops? If you cranked your keys to much you lost your downward travel and alignment adjustment. You can't get enough alignment adjustment to correct the camber if this is the case.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I have 33's with 20,000 miles zero cupping old suspension but still semi tight.Only changed shocks with bilsteins.Usually what i found was cupping was almost always caused by bad shocks or struts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts