2003 2WD Yukon Daily Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

ddwelch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have the Premium Smooth Ride option (ZW7) you'll need to get stiffer springs for the rears if you replace Nivomat shocks (if they're still on it).

Finally looking at my RPO code, I do indeed have the ZW7. I plan on lowering the truck soon, and I will assess the shocks while doing the free travel mod and shock extenders in the rear. Thanks for looking out.

OP
OP
D

ddwelch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So last update I mentioned my main drive belt was shredding... LOL, I changed it out a few weeks ago and just now up loading pics.

m5Plwjs.jpg

ithRez3.jpg

What was left of the seized tensioner pully.
TN6A2KS.jpg

Old vs New.
F5ygWYf.jpg

Right at this time the seizing clutch on the AC compressor snapped the AC belt. Bummer because it still blows cold. Which leads me to ask, will it be as simple as paying a shop to vacuum/drain the current charge, remove compressor to check part number, order new compressor and reinstall, then take back to shop to charge AC system?

Any suggestions for the AC would be great as I can turn wrenches no problem, but have zero HVAC skills or capability.

Thanks.

Last edited:

9C1C

Reaction score
Sorry to sidetrack, but how did you get the moldings off the sides? Are they stuck on with tape? Any paint fade between what's under the moldings and the rest of the rig?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts