2002 Yukon SLE ABS Pump Won't Stop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GD 2B KG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
7/25/2018: I had installed a new ABS module today. Previously, the ABS pump was constantly running and ABS Brake lights were on. After the new ABS module was installed, the lights went out and pump was not running. The mechanic took the Yukon for a test ride to confirm a good install, and the moment he slammed on the brake, the ABS brake light came back on and the pump began to run constantly again - he removed the fuse. What are we missing here. Also, the mechanic is telling me with his scanner, he cannot read the problem codes or make a connection with the Yukon computer.... Finally, he did check all ABS wire connections for cleanliness and solid connections.

Anybody??

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and my abs pump shorted. The way the pump shuts off is when it is no longer grounded. So in my case the ground in the pump welded itself to the case of the pump which kept it running non stop. Not saying this is your problem but its worth checking out.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also check the pumps ground it might be weak and thats why it runs

OP
OP
G

GD 2B KG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
7/28/2018 Update: Final analysis of the ABS problem - the new replacement ABS module was bad to begin with. Oh well.

The by-product of this whole effort: wires all cleaned, tighten and another NEW ABS module installed.

Thanks for all your insight and input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat