2002 Yukon Bose Stereo Wiring Hiccup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lifesatrip2464

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello
So just bought my 2002 Yukon Denali with a stock Bose system but stock head unit was removed! Also the harness was cut off and previous owner attempted to wire a new pioneer single DIN head unit. Problem being he wired it straight to the battery and front speakers, leaving a mess of wire under the hood and dash near the pedals! Was super dangerous considering the wires were dropping in front of the brake pedal quite often, so I decided to remove all of his wiring and now trying to use the stock wiring harness. Just can't identify any of the wires because the connector has been cut off. Hoping for some kind of help! looked at hundreds of diagrams on the internet and still can't find one with the same color wires that are coming off the harness. It also includes a number of the same color wires. Ran them back to the connections under the center console but still have no luck. If there is someone out their that may have the knowledge or can understand the wiring, ill attach a picture! Thanks and Happy Holidays 20211222_182232.jpg20211222_182206.jpg20211222_182222.jpg

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You've been to this site? https://my.prostreetonline.com/2018/11/17/how-to-chevy-tahoe-stereo-wiring-diagram/

You may need to follow your wires back (stripping the tape off) to see if the prior owner spliced in different colored wires. Otherwise I'd advise a trip to the UPull to get the body pigtail from one like yours, returning it to factory connectors. Then use a standard adapter pigtail that the car audio places sell.

Or see if these descriptions match up with your wiring:

1640227797200.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lifesatrip2464

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You've been to this site? https://my.prostreetonline.com/2018/11/17/how-to-chevy-tahoe-stereo-wiring-diagram/

You may need to follow your wires back (stripping the tape off) to see if the prior owner spliced in different colored wires. Otherwise I'd advise a trip to the UPull to get the body pigtail from one like yours, returning it to factory connectors. Then use a standard adapter pigtail that the car audio places sell.

Or see if these descriptions match up with your wiring:

View attachment 358681
Thank you, yea was thinking that will probably be the easiest route! Wasgonna take a multimeter to see if I could find what ones have power to sort out the speaker wires but that may just take to long

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Many folks on this Forum have subscriptions to AllData DIY, which contains wiring diagrams for these trucks. I used it to understand the wiring of my electronic suspension system (Z55), as the previous owner (or used truck dealer) cut off my wiring connectors to all 4 shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos