2002 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That's the spirit . Have all the fun with this one and build your dream truck. As I'm sure you know theres a million different parts and ideas for these trucks

newburghyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I admire your dedication. Are you doing the work yourself? Or do you have a shop you trust to do the work?

OP
OP
zraffz

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I admire your dedication. Are you doing the work yourself? Or do you have a shop you trust to do the work?
I've done everything on this truck. I have done so much to this truck over the years that I've forgotten more than I remember. I have to be encroaching on $10,000 in repairs and altercations in total once I finish the 6 liter.

The way I see it, i have done everything underneath except for the fuel pump, transfer case and evap (since I am doing the body mounts this time around).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Northern NJ in Sussex County. The truck previously was from right outside of Boston MA.
Worked at the camps--before they closed them down--at Stokes/High Point. My first work van came from Mass, that thing was more rusty underneath then a Jersey truck!

OP
OP
zraffz

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked at the camps--before they closed them down--at Stokes/High Point. My first work van came from Mass, that thing was more rusty underneath then a Jersey truck!
Yeah they are terrible out there. I had pressure washed/paint the frame and replaced every line when I bought it. The original transmission case was so badly deteriorated that I bought another blown up transmission just for the case!
The inner and outer rockers were starting to rust but I didn't want to touch them until it got bad. Now it is encroaching towards the braces where the floor pans and inner rockers meet so I have to do it. I also have a few small spots on the lower rear quarter panels that I will probably just cut out and patch rather than replace.

I believe Stokes is still open. I am only 20 minutes away from there. It's an absolutely beautiful area in New Jersey!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah they are terrible out there. I had pressure washed/paint the frame and replaced every line when I bought it. The original transmission case was so badly deteriorated that I bought another blown up transmission just for the case!
The inner and outer rockers were starting to rust but I didn't want to touch them until it got bad. Now it is encroaching towards the braces where the floor pans and inner rockers meet so I have to do it. I also have a few small spots on the lower rear quarter panels that I will probably just cut out and patch rather than replace.

I believe Stokes is still open. I am only 20 minutes away from there. It's an absolutely beautiful area in New Jersey!
Yes, Stokes Forest is open, but I worked at the prison camps--those have been closed for awhile.

OP
OP
zraffz

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Stokes Forest is open, but I worked at the prison camps--those have been closed for awhile.
Where was that located? Perhaps before my time or recollection lol. My parents had a summer home 5 minutes away from stokes in the mid through late 90's but I was 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN