2002 Tahoe Racho 4inch Lift Wheel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacopatron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys, I hate to beat a dead horse, but want to be clear. I have an 02 Tahoe 4x4 and installing a Rancho 4inch KIT.

What size wheels should I go with? I want a 35x12.5 tire and afraid of rubbing.

The kit calls for a 4.5 backing, is that right? I see on the post they recommend 5.5.

I do not plan on doing a body lift

leveled_out

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you can run a 20 inch wheel, idk if your into thebig wheels or not. but an 18 would look good with 35s. im afraid if you get 20s your tires will be outside your body.. but you may be into that sorta thing

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking to purchase an 02+ Z71 Tahoe... and what I've read, a 4" lift will clear 33" tires. You'll need a 6" to clear 35" tires.

midmohoe

Reaction score
my 04 tahoe z71 has a 6in susp. lift and 35s and i had to trim to get thim to clear while turning i dont no that a 4in with 35s would be a good idea i bet they would rub prettty bad

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Watch your offset as the knuckle kits on 1/2 ton trucks have clearance issues with running a higher offset. You can crank the keys a bit for 5" of lift to clear some 315s, a true 35 may rub but you can trim the plastics a bit.

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking to purchase an 02+ Z71 Tahoe... and what I've read, a 4" lift will clear 33" tires. You'll need a 6" to clear 35" tires.

with my torsion keys cranked i can fit 33s without a lift, but they rub some in really sharp turns

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 6"pro comp lift and 3" body lift. I am running 35" tires and when offroading I do rub so with the 4" you will more than likely rub. My bro runs 6" fabtech on his 06 sierra with 35" tires and had to get the body lift due to rubbing. Dont do the torsion keys my bro did that because he didnt want the body lift and he kept messing up the cv joints. I use to have a rancho suspension on my 95 silverado i also ended up geting a body lift because i wanted the 35" tires.

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut the plastic up front.
I have 35's on 20's with keys/spacers. Factory offset is the trick. If you offset your rims, you get more rubbing.

Mine rubbed on the inner fender guards , but I kept cutting. I can go full turn now with no rubbing and it does not look like a hack job either.

BTW @ MAX thanks for the arilift suggestion on my Yukon, worked like a charm in back.
You da man!

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 6" procomp with 315/75/16s and i get minor rubbing, seems to be it rubs a little bit on the springs and hard lock. i can parallel park with no problems but i think going to the 35x12.5 would open up a whole different can of worms and you would have to do some major cutting with only 4"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094