2002 Tahoe LT 5.3L ABS Wheel Speed Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmieT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum, lots of great post! So I went to pull the front ABS wheel speed sensors on my 2002 Tahoe, that I bought a few weeks back, due to the ABS light always coming on shortly after starting. The problem is the bolts that hold the sensors in are completely rounded out. I can’t get anything to bite. I was wondering if anyone knew the actual size of bolts (thread/length), so I can just extract and replace? Thanks for your time!

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles? Might be time/easier to replace the entire hubs with some Timkens.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Other more knowledgeable folks then me on this Forum will chime in.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
If you havent or previous owner has not changed the hub bearing assy i would do that for sure.Would suck to have to go back in it to change them again.If you can take back your sensors and get your money back i would order new hubs come with the sensors in 4wd or rwd.https://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?ssq=timken&make=chevrolet&year=2002&model=Tahoe Shop around online seen them for 81 bucks on ebay Shipped to your door.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles? Might be time/easier to replace the entire hubs with some Timkens.
100% agree, my light came on around 150,000 I think and tried just the sensors, turned out to be the wheel bearings tripping the light. Never knew those hubs were that fancy. Ended up doing 2 jobs and wasting money.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't or previous owner has not changed the hub bearing assy i would do that for sure. Would suck to have to go back in it to change them again. If you can take back your sensors and get your money back i would order new hubs come with the sensors in 4wd or rwd.https://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?ssq=timken&make=chevrolet&year=2002&model=Tahoe Shop around online seen them for 81 bucks on ebay Shipped to your door.
Same here my 2001 Yukon XL front hubs replaced twice for same issue. 1st set around 130,000mi 2nd at around 240,000mi