2002 Tahoe efans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was 1/4 iirc to go into the hose at the throttle body but yes that will work. Just thread the thermoswitch in there ground it and you should be good to go.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Ok I think I'm almost there. Just need to review your relays power leads. Each relay gets constant power from the fuse box post, and switched power from the AC switch for #85? I a little confused still on how the thermoswitch is suppose to be wired up. How will it open the relay by completing a ground circuit to #85 while #86 has ground already. How will the coil in the relay move with two grounds?

Also, your post didn't mention using the thick red OEM harness cable's ring terminal for power on a post, or using it's black ground at the other end near the fan connectors either. So I guess that's why mine are turning on by themselves.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I am teeing into the hose and yes you are correct the switch must be grounded correctly I forgot to add that in the how to. There are multiple ideal locations to ground to right there. Or you can run another wire in with the loom and ground back by the relays. I choose the latter as I think it makes for a cleaner install.
Confused here... If spliced into the hose, the ground signal to the relay is on the single spade connector on the top, where and how did you ground another wire to the thermo switch or the tee on the coolant hose?

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
A little research for these type of inline switches and I read that I should ground a wire to the engine or body and then sandwich the other end between the hose and the body of the tee. Sounds fair. Just realized that you're not using the OEM relay harness, but what if any additional lines do you have run for power and ground, or is everything only running through your relays? What gauge wires are you using?

OP
OP
C

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as far as gauges I don't mess with them. Yes you're right the body needs to be grounded to the engine block unless a two prong switch is used. For the fans the gauges need no interaction. The relays themselves along with the wiring from the ac and temp switch will command the fans

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Well as far as gauges I don't mess with them. Yes you're right the body needs to be grounded to the engine block unless a two prong switch is used. For the fans the gauges need no interaction. The relays themselves along with the wiring from the ac and temp switch will command the fans
Hey Chris, I meant what how thick(gauge) 10, 12, etc did you use? And just curious as to where did you connect the large red power wire from the factory harness? To the battery directly, or to the posts at the fuse box? Maybe I need to make this the very last connection. One of the other relays must keep the power for the circuit switched off until triggered.

OP
OP
C

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery + for the relays I connected to the post on the fuse box. I used 8 gauge wire for it iirc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal