2002 Tahoe efans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Ok so I cut the relay box and the pigtail I'm left with the fan plug wires which are two wire pairs. I sse in the wiring diagram where at least one goes. Does the other wire in that pair go to ground ? Which one the center or the far left? And so the thermo switch goes to ground on one switch, and the AC clutch goes to the other relay's ground? Then each relay has a direct + from the battery post. What and where is the key on wire come from? Yes Matt the harness I have came from an 05" burb. I used a box cutter to get it off the loom and tape that ran from the center of the radiator and to the driver's side under the battery stand and up under the fuse box. It's taped up to the main harness, inside the loom, but not within it. Just be careful and it'll should come out ok but it sounds like you don't want anything but the fan plugs and maybe enough length to splice the rest of the way towards the fuse box. If you could draw up a relay diagram with captions stating connections are coming from what wires to what endpoints that would be helpful for us dummies not so electrically well versed.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I cut the relay box and the pigtail I'm left with the fan plug wires which are two wire pairs. I sse in the wiring diagram where at least one goes. Does the other wire in that pair go to ground ? Which one the center or the far left? And so the thermo switch goes to ground on one switch, and the AC clutch goes to the other relay's ground? Then each relay has a direct + from the battery post. What and where is the key on wire come from? Yes Matt the harness I have came from an 05" burb. I used a box cutter to get it off the loom and tape that ran from the center of the radiator and to the driver's side under the battery stand and up under the fuse box. It's taped up to the main harness, inside the loom, but not within it. Just be careful and it'll should come out ok but it sounds like you don't want anything but the fan plugs and maybe enough length to splice the rest of the way towards the fuse box. If you could draw up a relay diagram with captions stating connections are coming from what wires to what endpoints that would be helpful for us dummies not so electrically well versed.

Thank you. I'd like to get the whole fan harness with that relay block. It looks like the double fan harness is about 4 feet long and then the relay block you posted a pic of. Is that relay block off to the side of the main, underhood power box?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you. I'd like to get the whole fan harness with that relay block. It looks like the double fan harness is about 4 feet long and then the relay block you posted a pic of. Is that relay block off to the side of the main, underhood power box?
@ScottyBoy sells them. Got mine from him.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Idk if you'd still need plugs for the fans, but if you want my relay block, pm me and you can have it. Just pay for the USPS shipping if you like. But I don't know if the plugs into the fans are special plugs you have to get from somewhere. Yes it sits on a clip on and under the fusebox cover which is under the round 90 support bar on driver's side.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Chris, you out there man? I little more help needed with the wiring, maybe a sketch? See my last post above.

OP
OP
C

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replied to your other post sorry I've been busy.
Just as a note in my write up I did everything to save money. Wiring relays switches fans generally run under 100 bucks. For those who don't mind paying a little more to not deal with that there is a fan controller that eliminates all the hassle.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-a-lite/...MIwOnu6a3Y4wIVfv7jBx1HJgp1EAQYBSABEgJNb_D_BwE

I am currently using this one but only because it came with the set of fans that one 120-150 dollars the major difference in using that one vs the way I describe is it enables a low speed for the ac and will slowly ramp up as engine temp goes up.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I'm going to use this adapter to put the sensor in the pass side head, until I get a tune. maybe longer wiring, but I don't want to cut any hoses.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK9GKTW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just throwing out another option. Theres a plug in the rear of the pass head that comes out.
Chris did you ever find a part # for the NPT tee? I can't find the NPT tee that you're referring to at Home Depot.

Do you have a pic of where this engine plug is? I don't know what you mean by the pass head.

OP
OP
C

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the part number. I know they have them. Getting one of the people there to find them may prove difficult. Last time I went in there I asked where they would be at and the guy looked at me like I was stupid. There usually around the plumbing dept somewhere.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
It is not brass or copper but threaded steel or iron? Also to confirm, the threads on the sensor should be 3/8 as well as the hose fittings on the tee? Do you remember what else was nearby this fitting? I don't find it online at homedepot.com either.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
No luck with that fitting @ HD or Lowe's, but I built this from 3 pieces at HD. Here is what I got in brass so no rusting. Add a little pipe dope tape to 1 of these, WIN_20190806_09_24_07_Pro.jpg
and two of these to add barbs.
WIN_20190806_09_24_19_Pro.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts