2002 GMC Yukon denali XL

Discussion in 'The Suspension Source' started by SpThomass, Mar 9, 2019.

1. SpThomass

SpThomass TYF Newbie

Name:
    Thomass
    Just bought my second Yukon XL, this time it’s a Denali. I got 22’s on it, should I lower it? Or how would the 22’s affect the current suspension?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  2. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    I'd lower it if it was mine. Looks like you have a huge wheelwell gap in the front. My Hoe is lowered 2/3 with 22's. 305 40 22 in the front and 305 45 22 in the rear. IMAG2203.jpg
    Visually more pleasing. The lower you go in the rear moves the wheels--at least the driver's side-- forward, instead of staying centered in the wheelwell. People solve that with an adj. panhard bar. Lowering changes the stock ride some, but it also depends on HOW you lowered it--keys, spindles etc.

3. SpThomass

SpThomass TYF Newbie

Name:
    Thomass
    I definetly wanna lower it, just don’t want it to affect the wheels since they’re huge as hell. Everything else is pretty much stock besides them. But I wanted an air ride to lower and raise it depending on what I want but cars with auto correcting suspension are harder to add that too for some reason.

4. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Full Access Member

Name:
    Tony
    Hopefully some other guys will chime in. 22's aren't really huge anymore. Guys are running 24's, 26's.

5. adventurenali92

adventurenali92 Full Access Member

Name:
    Chase
    I know that you can lower these trucks and keep the air suspension option. Look into the drop guide thread in the 2000-2006 section. It’s got a ton of info from all the guys that are suspension and drop masters.

6. Fosscore

Fosscore Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    3/5-6 drop on 24s. No air ride.

22s or 24s fit that wheel well very nicely when the fender gap is closed.

This is the master drop guide for 00-06. So many trucks lowered every way, with write ups and pictures. Over 30 pages dating back to 2011. Happy reading.

Can also check out https://tbssowners.com/store/ for drop kits put together depending on how low you want to go. It is where I bought my kit. Numerous sites online with tons of info and threads on here. If still good answers, keep asking questions. Good luck.

DSC_0150.JPG