2002 GMC Yukon denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpThomass

Reaction score
Just bought my second Yukon XL, this time it’s a Denali. I got 22’s on it, should I lower it? Or how would the 22’s affect the current suspension?

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just bought my second Yukon XL, this time it’s a Denali. I got 22’s on it, should I lower it? Or how would the 22’s affect the current suspension?
I'd lower it if it was mine. Looks like you have a huge wheelwell gap in the front. My Hoe is lowered 2/3 with 22's. 305 40 22 in the front and 305 45 22 in the rear.IMAG2203.jpg
Visually more pleasing. The lower you go in the rear moves the wheels--at least the driver's side-- forward, instead of staying centered in the wheelwell. People solve that with an adj. panhard bar. Lowering changes the stock ride some, but it also depends on HOW you lowered it--keys, spindles etc.

OP
OP
SpThomass

SpThomass

Reaction score
I'd lower it if it was mine. Looks like you have a huge wheelwell gap in the front. My Hoe is lowered 2/3 with 22's. 305 40 22 in the front and 305 45 22 in the rear.View attachment 218296
Visually more pleasing. The lower you go in the rear moves the wheels--at least the driver's side-- forward, instead of staying centered in the wheelwell. People solve that with an adj. panhard bar. Lowering changes the stock ride some, but it also depends on HOW you lowered it--keys, spindles etc.

I definetly wanna lower it, just don’t want it to affect the wheels since they’re huge as hell. Everything else is pretty much stock besides them. But I wanted an air ride to lower and raise it depending on what I want but cars with auto correcting suspension are harder to add that too for some reason.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I definetly wanna lower it, just don’t want it to affect the wheels since they’re huge as hell. Everything else is pretty much stock besides them. But I wanted an air ride to lower and raise it depending on what I want but cars with auto correcting suspension are harder to add that too for some reason.
Hopefully some other guys will chime in. 22's aren't really huge anymore. Guys are running 24's, 26's.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that you can lower these trucks and keep the air suspension option. Look into the drop guide thread in the 2000-2006 section. It’s got a ton of info from all the guys that are suspension and drop masters.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/5-6 drop on 24s. No air ride.

22s or 24s fit that wheel well very nicely when the fender gap is closed.

This is the master drop guide for 00-06. So many trucks lowered every way, with write ups and pictures. Over 30 pages dating back to 2011. Happy reading.

Can also check out https://tbssowners.com/store/ for drop kits put together depending on how low you want to go. It is where I bought my kit. Numerous sites online with tons of info and threads on here. If still good answers, keep asking questions. Good luck.

DSC_0150.JPG