2002 Escalade Z55 conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jroyer87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My father in law has a 02 Escalade with the Z55 suspension. He has 200k on the Esky and all 4 shocks are needed replaced. There has been issues with the air ride so he is looking to do a conversion kit and override the air ride. Money is extremely tight and the Arnott conversion is out of the question. Can anyone recommend another kit that’s in the money and will last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the resistors off EBay for $40, pull the fuse for the air compressor, and pickup whatever gas shocks you’d like and you might have to replace the rear springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jroyer87

jroyer87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the front end? There is only a shock and no strut. Would he need to replace with a strut on the front?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the front end? There is only a shock and no strut. Would he need to replace with a strut on the front?

You just get shocks for a non autoride Tahoe or Yukon

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Amazon. Bilstein makes shocks and a set of rear springs to match for the truck that is a popular replacement I didn't use the resistors like @95escahoe used.... yet I pulled a fuse that I can't rememver... maybe rtd? And had no problems since

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Amazon. Bilstein makes shocks and a set of rear springs to match for the truck that is a popular replacement I didn't use the resistors like @95escahoe used.... yet I pulled a fuse that I can't rememver... maybe rtd? And had no problems since

Yup it’s the RTD fuse the resistors were $40 for the set

OP
OP
jroyer87

jroyer87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup it’s the RTD fuse the resistors were $40 for the set

That sounds much cheaper. Lol I’ll look into the shocks and springs for the rear. Any recommendation for the front?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds much cheaper. Lol I’ll look into the shocks and springs for the rear. Any recommendation for the front?

Do the Bilstein 4600 shocks on all four corners, just watch out what rear springs you get some might raise it up a hair, if you tow you can add airlift bags in the rear, you could go with a cheaper shock top just always heard good things about Bilstein

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Bilstein 4600 shocks on all four corners, just watch out what rear springs you get some might raise it up a hair, if you tow you can add airlift bags in the rear, you could go with a cheaper shock top just always heard good things about Bilstein

This. I know that bilstein has a factory height spring available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish