2002 Chevy Tahoe flamethrower kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna see this. I keep considering titanium drag blocks on my bagged Silverado so I can shoots streams of sparks out the back but I keep stopping myself considering my fuel cell is right in front of the rear bumper lol. Kidding, I wouldn’t do it.

Spark it or park it!

Back when I had an Xtreme, I was working on a pneumatically-actuated mount for drag blocks. This way, you could drag 'em, but then raise 'em up to lay frame. They were designed so that the frame (actually the active mount's mount doing double-duty) would bear the load so the mechanism wasn't affected. They even had a pad of dense rubber, similar to tractor tire tread rubber, to isolate the block from the frame to absorb harsh shocks loads.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spark it or park it!

Back when I had an Xtreme, I was working on a pneumatically-actuated mount for drag blocks. This way, you could drag 'em, but then raise 'em up to lay frame. They were designed so that the frame (actually the active mount's mount doing double-duty) would bear the load so the mechanism wasn't affected. They even had a pad of dense rubber, similar to tractor tire tread rubber, to isolate the block from the frame to absorb harsh shocks loads.
Most just mount them to the frame if you’re body dropped but since my frame is custom built from the engine mounts back, the rear portion behind the axle doesn’t come anywhere close to the ground since there’s no need for it to be any lower than a bit below the fuel cell. I’d have to put them in front of the axle so that’s a no go. I do have a spot on the rear bumper that would work but I’d have to make them break-away in case they hit too hard-on something. I can actually drag the safety bolts I put in there if I raise the front of the truck a ways. I put those in there to keep from dragging the center plastic piece off the bumper (again) off when I come out of a driveway too low and it bottoms out. I got a few sparks off them once on the freeway accidentally lol.

Weird…you can say type hard-on but not hard o n.

Attachments

• 4B580FB0-4703-451F-9016-ADDB4CB9107F.jpeg
    4B580FB0-4703-451F-9016-ADDB4CB9107F.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Killer audio. ;)
Hell, just hook up some trailer safety chains to the hitch and let them drag, lol.

I've seen that happen when someone in front of me was towing and the chains were drooped to close to the ground and every time the suspension went down a bit due to a dip or unevenness in the road the sparks would fly.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, just hook up some trailer safety chains to the hitch and let them drag, lol.

I've seen that happen when someone in front of me was towing and the chains were drooped to close to the ground and every time the suspension went down a bit due to a dip or unevenness in the road the sparks would fly.
Yeah that’s not even close to drag blocks lol. That’s a few sparks but not anything like titanium being drug hard. Showers of sparks 30-40 feet behind you. You have to be bagged though so you can drop the rear down then lift it when the shows over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep