2002 8.1 Throttle body-help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaVee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All- I have a 2002 2500 suburban with the 8.1 engine. I’ve had this puppy since new and we love it. I put a remanufactured jasper engine in her three years ago, but they retained the original throttlebody. my mechanic thinks it is done, and we cannot find this part anywhere. Original part number is 17113671. It looks like the 03-07 8.1 uses a different one that is not compatible with my 02. Any advice where I could find one or any advice on a reputable rebuilder for my OEM throttlebody?
Thanks in Advance!
SeaVee

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All- I have a 2002 2500 suburban with the 8.1 engine. I’ve had this puppy since new and we love it. I put a remanufactured jasper engine in her three years ago, but they retained the original throttlebody. my mechanic thinks it is done, and we cannot find this part anywhere. Original part number is 17113671. It looks like the 03-07 8.1 uses a different one that is not compatible with my 02. Any advice where I could find one or any advice on a reputable rebuilder for my OEM throttlebody?
Thanks in Advance!
SeaVee
A1 Cardone is one of the largest remanufacturers in the U.S. See if they can take care of it.
Have a local engine shop, etc. send it in for you and A1 Cardone bills them. You work out the price with your local shop that is essentially the middleman. Didnt use to be like that. Ive actually sent them 1950's water pump off a generator that was Federal Government property and they took care of it for me around 2010.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17