2001 Yukon keyless entry remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeakieb1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new on this forum, can anybody tell me how to program a new aftermarket remote without having the old one. I've tried the instructions that came with them I checked the fcc I'd number and part number everything seems to be in order however I can't program them. I was told I needed to take it to a locksmith or dealer, is this true?

Reaction score
Yup, or someone with a Tech2 that can put it into keyless remote learn mode.

Also, when you program remotes you need to do all the remotes you have. You can't just add/program a single remote without losing any other remote programs. If you have 2 remotes, program them both, 3 remotes program all 3, 4 etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, or someone with a Tech2 that can put it into keyless remote learn mode.

Also, when you program remotes you need to do all the remotes you have. You can't just add/program a single remote without losing any other remote programs. If you have 2 remotes, program them both, 3 remotes program all 3, 4 etc.

Is the remote programming for the '01 different from the later NBS models? I don't need a Tech 2 to program my 2004's aftermarkets remotes, just the right procedure.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm new on this forum, can anybody tell me how to program a new aftermarket remote without having the old one. I've tried the instructions that came with them I checked the fcc I'd number and part number everything seems to be in order however I can't program them. I was told I needed to take it to a locksmith or dealer, is this true?

Would you be able to post up the procedure you're using for your 2001 remote programming?

EDIT: is the procedure at this site the one that you're using?
https://northcoastkeyless.com/2001-gmc-yukon-xl-keyless-entry-remote-programming-instructions/

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never knew about this procedure. It doesn't even say anything about doing this in the owners manual for my 01

Nope, my manual says take it to the dealer. I found out about it when I ordered new fobs and the aftermarket seller had instructions. Bastards.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, my manual says take it to the dealer. I found out about it when I ordered new fobs and the aftermarket seller had instructions. Bastards.

Same here. Mine came with only one FOB and when I did the research for aftermarket FOBs I found this.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Mine came with only one FOB and when I did the research for aftermarket FOBs I found this.
Same with my 08 Silverado and the chip key. Manual says dealer only. I went to a local hardware store that advertised chip key programming and they wanted something like $70 for a key. Then I found out I can buy the key online, have them cut it, and program it myself. Saved $50 plus it came with a fob that I also programmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right