2001 tahoe key fob part number question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
Great thanks for the help, ill order one then, and hope I can find a local company that can install it for me, my first experience with passlock, and I hate it so much already haha

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wahouuuu i missed some answers lol

Daol, can you give your opinion if you buy an alarm system to bypass the Passlock?

The other day, I see a sales announcement for a Tahoe with the Passlock neutralized. I contact the seller to ask him the question but he told me that he bought it like that in Italy. A little disappointed but at least we know that it is possible to neutralize or bypass.

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
Yeah, first I have to look up if it works with any alarm, or if it have to be the same frequency as it is in my German car, in order to bypass the passlock system, so the box/computer in the car sont get confused over different frequencies or something, would suck if I got it installed, and played 100s of dollars for it, and it didn't work,Plus I have to find a company to install it, I'm guessing the installation will be expensive, since I don't have any wiring diagrams etc for the car

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking on ebay, none with the same part number, so

yeah, looks like I have to get it on ebay, but they all have a part number ending with 3 or something else, mine end with an 8, plus the frequency thing, so I would have to buy one with the wrong part number, and just hope its the correct frequency:/
That's what I am going to do.

clemenshess97

Reaction score
Yeah, first I have to look up if it works with any alarm, or if it have to be the same frequency as it is in my German car, in order to bypass the passlock system, so the box/computer in the car sont get confused over different frequencies or something, would suck if I got it installed, and played 100s of dollars for it, and it didn't work,Plus I have to find a company to install it, I'm guessing the installation will be expensive, since I don't have any wiring diagrams etc for the car

Hey guys, did you end up installing a aftermarket alarm system ?
I'm from Germany and also own a Tahoe from Italy and am running into the same problem...
I have a 2003 Tahoe and can unlock/lock the car with the physical key and have no problem starting it, but I really want some spare key fobs. I have one original key fob left.

Stones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, did you end up installing a aftermarket alarm system ?
I'm from Germany and also own a Tahoe from Italy and am running into the same problem...
I have a 2003 Tahoe and can unlock/lock the car with the physical key and have no problem starting it, but I really want some spare key fobs. I have one original key fob left.

Just a little heads up on this problem.
To get around the immobilizer problem, we have done several reprogram procedures where we give the pcm/bcm a different Vin from a car that was ment for the Us market.
Then it will work forever and never remember it once had an immobilizer option.
There is different programs depending if you have rear fog light or not...
And you have to have access to Gm and a tech2 computer at least.

clemenshess97

Reaction score
Just a little heads up on this problem.
To get around the immobilizer problem, we have done several reprogram procedures where we give the pcm/bcm a different Vin from a car that was ment for the Us market.
Then it will work forever and never remember it once had an immobilizer option.
There is different programs depending if you have rear fog light or not...
And you have to have access to Gm and a tech2 computer at least.

Where are you based at ?
I finally found the right key fob with the European frequency, but I can't enter the programming mode using the known procedures, I maybe need to get them programmed at the dealership, but maybe the reprograming you described comes in cheaper than the programming of the one fob.
If the BCM acts like a US BCM I could finally enable the different locking/unlocking feedbacks (horn and exterior lights flashing).

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I see that this topic on our European remote control are still topical lol I do not know if we will overcome, but it is always stressful to think that we can have our truck completely immobilized because of this piece of plastic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid