2001 tahoe key fob part number question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there you are interested :boxed: it is necessary to put the key on auxiliary until the indicator "security" goes out? Have you ever tried it?

I get my truck on Thursday night, so far I have the car from work because I have trips. I'll try Thursday night I think, unless Daol can try before.

Do you have a link to these passlock bypass kits?

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never tried to disable it, but that might just be a temporary fix without getting a bypass. I had something like this happen years ago on a different GM vehicle, but I just don't remember how I got it fixed.

What you all are talking about is the passlock, and not being able to start your vehicle because you set the alarm, and then if the remote battery dies, you can't disable it. I know some other models had an ignition switch that would break easier and cause the same thing.

There are still ways to get around the passlock if that happens. GM recommends to replace the remote battery every couple of years so it doesn't, (depending on how often you press that button that battery will last more or less).

You should be able to set the alarm with the remote, and then get in with just the key and see if the passlock keeps your vehicle from starting. If it does, then try this method and do the same thing to see if it starts.

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
I just tried it, didnt do anything for me sadly, I think it might be a way to temporarily disable it, if your remote dies, but that you have to do it every time, and wait 10 minutes, and there is a risk that the car will just stop while driving, from what I read online. and that there are no simple way of just turning it off.
I got the new remote today, sadly it didnt work.
I found this today, I rather have another remote, but if I cant find one, this should take care of the problem http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/bull26.pdf

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried it, didnt do anything for me sadly, I think it might be a way to temporarily disable it, if your remote dies, but that you have to do it every time, and wait 10 minutes, and there is a risk that the car will just stop while driving, from what I read online. and that there are no simple way of just turning it off.
I got the new remote today, sadly it didnt work.
I found this today, I rather have another remote, but if I cant find one, this should take care of the problem http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/bull26.pdf

Bummer..

https://newrockies.com/ have anyone tried it? they claim that it works, but rather know for sure before I spend 300$

I saw that, its $300. There are (nearly) free ways to do it if you are handy.

If you search youtube for Passkey bypass, it looks pretty easy.

FOUND THIS: (for 1/10th the price)
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat...c-immobilizer-bypass-modules-chevy-tahoe.html

(They will ship to nearly every country worldwide). For our friends outside of the US. This is a well known company here in the US. I have bought from them several times myself, and very happy with their customer service. I would call or write to verify exactly what you are looking for, but I think this is it, if you wanted to just disable it for good.

Does this solve the problem completely that you are concerned with? I hope so, I have no clue, good luck with that.

EDIT: I forgot OP is looking for his 2001, and this item is for a 2003-2006.... I think that link may help a few others out. For OP, I did find some similar kits for a similar price on ebay. If you search Passlock bypass Tahoe .. You should be able to find something similar for the earlier NBS, (if this is what you are looking for).

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat...specific-security-remote-start.html?from=2959
Perhaps an aftermarket remote alarm, that has the bypass and its own way to start the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
yeah, I saw that there are cheapor options, but the reason Im interested in the newrockies one is, Im not that handy, but I looked at the install instructions, even I can do that, = saving money, instead of having a workshop do it for me, it does what I need it to do, without installing extra features, ie remote start etc, and I asked a few other companies, they cant guarantee it will work on my car, since its not a US sold car, but newrockies can, so the way I see it, yeah It costs more, but its easy to install, they say it works on my car, and it would solve the passlock issue, considering that, I think its worth 300$ unless I find out people had a bad experience with newrockies

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my remote control too. For you it does not work, I'll do a test anyway you never know ...

I get my truck back from work, I hope it works.

It's crazy that Chevrolet no longer provides the after-sales service of its remote controls

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
just started thinking about something, the issue we are having, is that there are no keys for our frequency, would it be possible to swap the part that receives the frequency to a US part, or would that cause problems in the box/computer in the car?

geekdownrange

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Different frequencies are permitted for different uses in different countries. The US remotes transmit around 315MHz. The EU (and Asia I think) transmit around 433MHz - I know you're already aware of the EU frequencies.

315MHz isn't permitted for remote control use in Europe. Beyond the legality, you may run into interference issues attempting to use it.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is that we already have interference problems even though our frequencies are EU.

The other day, I joined my sister in another city (she is from Paris) because she wants to buy a Mustang 66, then we made a restaurant before leaving each of his side, and I managed to unlock my Tahoe after several minutes to fight with the remote. We still have the risk of not starting the engine because of this remote.

After the illegal side :rolleyes: The simple fact of putting larger wheels or putting a metal bumper and you are illegal in France :anitoof:

My Jeep is completely outlawed with its modifications. We have a mandatory technical inspection of vehicles every two years with 133 checkpoints on the vehicle. My Jeep is accepted because the controller is a former soldier like me, so it's okay :driver:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300

Latest posts