2001 Tahoe door lock control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, which is signal wire to relay from drivers switch? You will want to remove relay and test pins. Meter on Ohms, door switch out, Connector pin to relay pin. Avoid feeding BCM 12v Direct, may let smoke out.
Simplify it in your brain, if lock actuator has power at door from switch, where is it coming from? Locate that relay. Then you know its the other one.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hot to lock/unlock switches comes from Mirror fuse 3A. Powers Switch and relays on control side.

OP
OP
W

waynes tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update issue has been resolved. I purchased a Short circuit receiver and transmitter and located a wire behind the fuse block wasn't making contact with relay.
I appreciate all the replies to this post for help.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your Gizmo found it!
Please EDIT your Post Title, add "SOLVED". Helps others looking for solutions. Thanks.

skitrip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue with my rear driver side door lock. It will not lock or unlock and I'm not getting any power to it. Tried a functioning actuator and it did nothing. All attachments are in place and no plastic brackets are broken. I ran my multimeter to the plug and got nothing when locking/unlocking. I have checked all fuses that I can think of, but may have missed something. Seems like it has to be a relay/ground issue somewhere. On a side note, my passenger power seat also has no power. I've checked the seat control switch and cleaned terminals under seat. I'm hoping they are related and can find an easy fix for both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission