2001 Tahoe Cargo Security Shade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRickman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys! I've been looking for a cargo shade for my 2001 Tahoe. I've met with 2 people off of Craigslist, only to find out my Tahoe needs the (apparently super rare!) shorter width cargo shade. I have the interior with the jack and factory sub in the rear trim, which causes problems! Anyone have one they would be willing to part with? My interior is the light grey. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that they arent shades from a suburban? The only reason I ask is because when I sold my 3rd row seats the guy said he tried 2 different types and found out the suburban seats dont fit tahoes. Idk if its true, but he bought mine.

I also notice on ebay a lot of them are listed for 2002-2006. I wonder if the inside of a 2001 is different?? I see a few llisted as small as 63" and some 66".

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRickman85

CRickman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you sure that they arent shades from a suburban? The only reason I ask is because when I sold my 3rd row seats the guy said he tried 2 different types and found out the suburban seats dont fit tahoes. Idk if its true, but he bought mine.

I also notice on ebay a lot of them are listed for 2002-2006. I wonder if the inside of a 2001 is different?? I see a few llisted as small as 63" and some 66".

Apparently there are 2 rear interior trim styles in the 2001 Tahoe. One has a shade that is 64-66 inches wide, the other is 60-63 inches. From what I've heard the shorter one was only put in about 10% of 2001 Tahoes. All the shades I've tried were from either Tahoes or Yukons, and they're all too wide. Also, I've found that my shade is generally about $150 more than the more readily available shade when purchased new.

Claymationzoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue when I bought my 01 cause my blazer had a shade and I loved being able to hide my subs when I parked in the city but now I can't find one to put in my hoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CRickman85

CRickman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've been hitting up the local Pick-A-Part in hopes of finding a shade. No luck. However, I did pick up a full set of Bose speakers and a set of Escalade rear vent-caps and only paid $48.00! I think I did pretty well. The speakers sound great! Now, I just need to sand the vent-caps and do a little painting.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Tahoe LT setup just like yours I have had since new and I had that as a dealer option. But it fits fine in my wife's 2002 Tahoe. It goes over the compartments just FYI in case you where thinking it went in between them.

bluelinegroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, so hopefully someone sees my "mayday". I just bought a used (never used) one today for $15!!! I was in my work truck, so I couldn't test the fit, but bought it anyway cuz I was scared someone else would by it. Who would've THUNK Chevy would put out 2 damn sizes?!?! So... my question is: anyone think it is modifiable? I can't find any other threads that cover this... I might have to post it on YouTube if I figure out a mod. Anyone try to mod one of these before? Good think I only paid $15

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, so hopefully someone sees my "mayday". I just bought a used (never used) one today for $15!!! I was in my work truck, so I couldn't test the fit, but bought it anyway cuz I was scared someone else would by it. Who would've THUNK Chevy would put out 2 damn sizes?!?! So... my question is: anyone think it is modifiable? I can't find any other threads that cover this... I might have to post it on YouTube if I figure out a mod. Anyone try to mod one of these before? Good think I only paid $15

The tahoe/yukon is narrower that the xl/suburban. As for modding it, I can't recall ever seeing it done. For $15, I'd give it a shot just to see if it's possible.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The tahoe/yukon is narrower that the xl/suburban. As for modding it, I can't recall ever seeing it done. For $15, I'd give it a shot just to see if it's possible.
I don't think it's possible to mod it. The ends are spring loaded, and there's no way to cut or trim it. I had a black one that fit my Tahoe, but I sold it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to mod it. The ends are spring loaded, and there's no way to cut or trim it. I had a black one that fit my Tahoe, but I sold it.

"no way" to cut it? Bring it over here for a minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos