2001 GMC Yukon XL 4X4 1500 4l60e to 4l80 conversion question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajvov1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Felt early signs of trans slipping kid you not like 20 min ago so i feel like its time to prepare for when the time comes lmao. Tahoe Steve on Youtube has already posted a pretty good guide to give me an idea and i'll post the link for anyone who hasn't seen and ngl seems like a lot of work. But My question is since mine is basically a suburban can i take basically everything ( Driveshaft, Trans, transfer case input shaft, etc ) from a 2500 4x4 GMC/CHEVY? and everything be full proof?

To answer the other solution questions.....

Buying a 2500 is out of the question for sake of work, time and finding the right one thats optioned out like the one i already own also CA isn't very 4x4 2500 friendly there is like 2-3 out of 10 in my searches if that makes sense and if they're clean i'd need 10k laying around
Also would like to add more Tq in the future
And I've heard too many good things about the 4L80 being bulletproof so i feel like the work would pay for itself i just can't have it down for too long since its my work vehicle

Thanks in advance

Tahoe steve's 4L60 TO 80 CONVERSION

Reaction score
You should be able to swap everything over (or shorten/rebalance your existing driveline; swap the slip yoke to a 32 spline) and do a pcm segment swap to properly control the 4L80E.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts