2001-2006 tahoe LLP headers w/ ory installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Hey guys Finally got around to installing my LPP Headers...

Did a lot of research before purchasing these headers and for what I've read from other members from pt.net. gmfullisize generally speaking everyone seem to be pretty happy and satisfied with them,

I've been contemplating back and forth about the LLP, Ebay Headers (OBX) or PaceSetter headers. so the LLP headers look very promising especially for the price including a y pipe for a decent price.

this is how they shipped the headers i would say pretty good imo
IMG00123-20101223-1643.jpg

IMG00125-20101223-1645.jpg

IMG00126-20101223-1652.jpg

so i decided to get down to business and install them on 1/8/2010 (Saturday)

100_2245.jpg

100_2246.jpg

install took well over 6-9 hours lost count cause ran into a few issues (i will get to these in a bit)

Always make sure you securely use jack stands
100_2262.jpg

Manifold Head bolts were a ease with PB Blaster... all of them came off very easy..... had to remove the front tires and inner fender walls

100_2253.jpg

100_2252.jpg

100_2255.jpg

removing the inner fender walls were so much easier to get to the bolts i would highly recommend this to anyone installing Long-tube headers this is a must

unfortunately i had to saw off the OEM y pipe because the bolts wouldn't want to budge even with pb blaster and couldn't really grip the bolts with the 02 sensors on the way (pics included)

100_2260.jpg

100_2257.jpg

100_2263.jpg

100_2264.jpg

and on came in the LLP Headers

100_2269.jpg

100_2268.jpg

100_2284.jpg

100_2288.jpg

i did run into some MAJOR Fitment issues

first I'm not sure if it was our mistake by installing the Headers first basically working from the top to bottom first ideally i would think this would be the easiest way to install them...but oh no was i wrong

the Y pipe wouldn't want to fit with the Long-tube Headers installed no matter what angle we angled it at, for the life of me wouldn't fit at all not even with raising the truck higher so i had two options at the time one was either removing the headers again and work from the bottom to the top but i wasn't going to remove the headers anymore especially after installing the washer and locking screws that i bought from stage 8 bolts, it was to much of a hassle..

so we decided to take the transmission cross member off (right side only)only 3 super long bolts and pretty much jack up the transmission with a jack..

that dropped the transmission cross member down and the y pipe seem to fit at ease and finally felt a little release of stress but it didn't stop there..

after we had installed the y pipe pipes we had everything buckle down pretty much down tide everything up and on came the transmission cross member well this is my problem the transmission cross member didn't want to align with the two right side bolts so we had to bang the shit out of the y pipe to get the transmission cross member in ( man the y pipe didn't want to bulge) even with hitting it with a big ass mallet.

So after a few bangs and banging the transmission cross member and jacking up the transmission up so more we were finally able to align the bolts for the cross member.. everything seem good

here is the left side of the y pipe
100_2279.jpg

passenger side

100_2278.jpg

the y pipe
100_2277.jpg

then for some reason my cat back exhaust system didnt want to bolt up to the LLP Y pipe so we had to drop my cat back exhaust system im thinking since i added the Long-Tube Headers now my Exhaust is a little to long... so after fiddling around with the cat back we finally got the to bolts to bolt in...

Note: keep in mind that LLP dont provide you with the Exhaust bolts to bolt to your cat back exhaust system ( so we had to take a trip to home depot) to get some Stage 8 Bolts about 2 inches long

Last edited:
OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
here is my little helper (1slow z71 from Pt.net)hands down to this guy thanks bro.
100_2251.jpg

Probably my worst enemy (performance wise)
100_2254.jpg

here is a little video of the truck starting for the first time.

th_100_2282.jpg

here are my thoughts and they are not final i need to tweak some stuff before i can officially comment on my headers

The truck seems so much snappier and Louder now, it definitely woke up the truck it seems faster and definitely meaner.

The truck needs a re-tune ASAP i need to get rid of the back 02 Sensors error

i need to go to a muffler shop asap to modify the Y pipe cause now every bump that i hit i feel and hear it banging on my transmission cross member and its annoying... so that needs to get fix..

i need to do something about my cat back exhaust cause now seems that it has gotten loose even after purchasing new exhaust hangers shorter ones also..

specs on my cat back

22' inch Magnaflow with dual side outs running two dual exit right after the passenger side.. might have to delete them and run some turn downs this might help me with my 3/5 drop also

im not to sure if i had fitment issues do to my 3/5 drop or not... but I'm a little aggravated hopefully i get all my issues resolved at the muffler shop and post up some WOT videos..

i'll keep you guys posted..

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice and shiny things. Gotta love that. Sounds good too.
and for your worst enemy problem. I'll trade you mine... lol

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you guys reuse the stock manifold gaskets, or did you use the LPP gaskets? Im thinking bout reusing or using some stock gaskets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos