2000 Yukon-Long warm up time - partial heater core restriction possibly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Get an infrared temp gun and measure the temps at the heater core hoses. Those guns are very inexpensive. If is flowing good the temps should be close to the same on each. The hose should be hot enough that it is hard to grab with your bare hand. You could have a clogged heater core that is not flowing all across the core and therefore the heat inside will suffer but I doubt that because that will not effect the temp reading at your dash gauge.

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's looking like the tight hose clamp on the hose going to the coolant tank is working......fingers crossed. I put it on, tightened the shit out of it, and it seemed to actually get to temp.

Will try again in the morning when I haven't been running it half the day.

Would really like to find a reducer to go in the hose or something more permanent than a ugly hose clamp on the hose. I'm sure at some point the hose clamp will rub a spot through the hose the way it is now, but I'll keep testing it this way until I find a better way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518