2000 Yukon Handling Issues - need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jla956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE - I replaced the two missing front Jounce Stops and that seems to have fixed the wobble problem. I am sure that when I replace the two worn rear Jounce Stops that will improve things even more. Question, do coil springs wear out and need replacing like shocks?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE - I replaced the two missing front Jounce Stops and that seems to have fixed the wobble problem. I am sure that when I replace the two worn rear Jounce Stops that will improve things even more. Question, do coil springs wear out and need replacing like shocks?

As Steve said, the rears are just bump stops. Nothing rides on them like the jounce stops in the front. You really should replace them sway bar bushings and end links to further improve the handling and reduce the load on the rest of the front end components.

Coil springs do fatigue with age and get weaker.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jla956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok - I will replace the front sway bar bushing and end links as the next project. Then I will replace the rear sway bar bushings and the rear Jounce Stops. I'll also start shopping around on pricing for four replacement springs.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your truck has torsion bars in front, not springs, so if you get springs it will be for the rear suspension only.

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your problem is 100% sure the front Jouncestops that were missing.

If you want a fresh new ride feeling order a new set of rear coil springs as well. Over time coils do get weaker. Especially with that many miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345