2000 Tahoe amp bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
atobin

atobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just tested with the Impala bypass, rewired and it corrected my issue. I have tunes again. I'm next going to take the factory amp apart to look for cold solder joints, etc before looking for a replacement factory amp as I want to keep the system stock.

Any one have any experience fixing an factory amp?

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar issues and bought the amp bypass designed for our trucks (eBay for like $50), plug and play so no rewiring required.

Also keep in mind that once you do this, you will need to bypass the rear audio controls (if you have them). Super easy though.

OP
OP
atobin

atobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had similar issues and bought the amp bypass designed for our trucks (eBay for like $50), plug and play so no rewiring required.

Also keep in mind that once you do this, you will need to bypass the rear audio controls (if you have them). Super easy though.

I do have them so thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
atobin

atobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled the amp out, Model 15762536. Has anyone taken one of these apart and found anything at fault? I'm hoping to find something obvious, like a bad solder joint. My local bone yard might have one, $30 so that's my back up plan. Its a roam around looking for one kind of junk yard so you don't know for sure until you see one.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bypassed the one in my 02 burb recently, and not sorry I did. the stock sub was blown and sounded terrible and the rest was not great either, seems like it was a metra harness for a Saturn or something ( old school thread stuff) went to and aftermarket deck and it gets better cleaner power direct than bothering to try and fix the stock amp. also made it simple to add an aftermarket sub. still need to swap the door speakers, but still much better than it was.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tested with the Impala bypass, rewired and it corrected my issue. I have tunes again. I'm next going to take the factory amp apart to look for cold solder joints, etc before looking for a replacement factory amp as I want to keep the system stock.

I wanted to keep mine stock too but once you replace it with a aftermarket unit you will have many more options to improve the sound quality and add amps to improve the power output as well.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bypassed the one in my 02 burb recently, and not sorry I did. the stock sub was blown and sounded terrible and the rest was not great either, seems like it was a metra harness for a Saturn or something ( old school thread stuff) went to and aftermarket deck and it gets better cleaner power direct than bothering to try and fix the stock amp. also made it simple to add an aftermarket sub. still need to swap the door speakers, but still much better than it was.
Every stock sub is blown. They were never designed to last the life of the truck.

Dono01Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Where is the factory amp located?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts