20" tire sizes for a 2" lowered Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParacordPaul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just lowered my Limited 2 inches and I'm looking for some opinions on 20 inch tire size. From looking at tire calculators it seems 285/50 20s are really close to the stock diameter tires I have now (255/75 16). Any opinions on the size?

Thanks,

Paul.

eatsleepdrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just lowered my Limited 2 inches and I'm looking for some opinions on 20 inch tire size. From looking at tire calculators it seems 285/50 20s are really close to the stock diameter tires I have now (255/75 16). Any opinions on the size?

Thanks,

Paul.

Any insight on this post would be greatly appreciated. Im in the same boat for different reasons!

I have a 97 Tahoe 2wd 4 door, and the springs were slightly cut to even the ride height out. The car looks lowered compared to any 4wd models.

Paul, I don't mean to impose on your post, so hopefully my research up to this point will benefit you...

I have a set a of polished 20s with 275/45/20 tires ready to be replaced. I was thinking to upgrade to 275/55.... but my internet research calculations say that adds about 3 inches from factory height. I went out to the car with a 3 inch paper to size it up.

From what I can tell, my truck would potentially rub when turning with 275/55. There is maybe a 1/8 to 1/2 inch potential clearance issue. But in the back and around the wheel well it seems good to roll.

The 275/50 seem to be the next logical step. Makes sense why they are the most expensive options. I found some all terrain tires with high reviews for 118 on tire rack!!!! then i looked for 275/50 and the cheapest I would purchase were like double the price. INSANITY!

OP
OP
P

ParacordPaul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any insight on this post would be greatly appreciated. Im in the same boat for different reasons!

I have a 97 Tahoe 2wd 4 door, and the springs were slightly cut to even the ride height out. The car looks lowered compared to any 4wd models.

Paul, I don't mean to impose on your post, so hopefully my research up to this point will benefit you...

I have a set a of polished 20s with 275/45/20 tires ready to be replaced. I was thinking to upgrade to 275/55.... but my internet research calculations say that adds about 3 inches from factory height. I went out to the car with a 3 inch paper to size it up.

From what I can tell, my truck would potentially rub when turning with 275/55. There is maybe a 1/8 to 1/2 inch potential clearance issue. But in the back and around the wheel well it seems good to roll.

The 275/50 seem to be the next logical step. Makes sense why they are the most expensive options. I found some all terrain tires with high reviews for 118 on tire rack!!!! then i looked for 275/50 and the cheapest I would purchase were like double the price. INSANITY!

Hello,

After doing the research I found this size converter which helped me make my decision. https://tiresize.com/converter/ I wanted to stay with a tire that was as close in size ( diameter and width) as the original tire. My original was 255/75r 16 and I went with a 255/55r 20 which is almost exact.

Hope that helps,

Paul.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I have run 275/45/20 and 295/40/20 (wanted wider) tires on my Tahoe (2" spindle drop up front) with no issues.
That said, you're a bit limited in tire manufacturers in the 295/40/20 (Toyo), but I was very happy with the handling, ride, and appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos