2" Front drop without spindles? Can i get it into factory alignment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nadroj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Eibach Coilovers and Drop spindles, but I am curious if I am only going to lower the front 2", Will i be able to get the front end into factory alignment spec?
I see on Tonys site (who i ordered from), that he suggest the spindles if going lower than 2"..
Would save a bit of work, not having to do the drop spindles...
Curious what others experiences have been who lowered.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to align it with a 2" drop. Countless people have aligned theirs just fine with 2" of coil drop and yours shouldn't be any different. Tony, as well as many others, suggest spindles for more than 2" of drop to minimize how much drop is attained from anything other than spindles. In other words, you want to make the least amount of alteration to the springs or their positions (coil relocators, strut mount relocation or shorter coils). If you want more than 2" of drop, use spindles to get 2" of that drop so the critical geometries are only affected by whatever amount of drop is beyond that 2".

For example, if you wanted a 4" drop, don't get that 4" by shorter coils and/or coil locators and/or bolting the strut under the control arm. Use spindles for 2" then one of the other means to get that remaining 2". This way, the suspension is only altered by 2" of drop since the spindles don't really affect it much at all and the stock setup should have plenty of adjustment in it for 2".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu