2 door running boards

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Clutch Powers, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Clutch Powers

Clutch Powers TYF Newbie

Name:
    John
    This is a Tahoe I used to have. I really liked the running boards and I would like to put a set on my new 1993 Blazer.
    Does anyone know if factory Tahoe running boards will bolt onto a '93 Blazer?

[​IMG]

Earlb32 and Kelsda like this.
  2. Kelsda

Kelsda Full Access Member

Name:
    Mike
    Someone has those for a two door ? What happened to the green one ?

3. Clutch Powers

Clutch Powers TYF Newbie

Name:
    John
    I found a set of running boards on ebay and bought them. Now all I need is to figure out how they mount and what hardware I need. The boards I bought came with brackets, but no bolts or anything else.

I sold the green Tahoe. It looked good, but I just didn't like it for some reason. It had been in a minor accident and we fixed it. Turned out pretty nice overall.

4. east302

east302 Full Access Member

Name:
    east302
    In case your 93 has the holes tapped for the brackets, here’s a link that may help. It’s for a 1998 Tahoe as I couldn’t find comparable information for a 1993 (but I didn’t check Yukon).

Not sure if copying and pasting will work...

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....1998&ukey_category=19392&ukey_driveLine=11463

...but this site has some of the original parts diagrams and part numbers. It’s not clear if this is for a two-door, but it’s probably the same mounting setup.

[​IMG]

Number 11: GM 19149964, Nut M6.3X1.81
    Number 13: GM #15567993, Bolt M6X1X26,9.8

It looks like it uses nuts to attach it, so a trip to the hardware store should get you what you need. I would assume all metric nuts, might as well use grade 10.9.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Clutch Powers

Clutch Powers TYF Newbie

Name:
    John
    Very helpful; thank you.
    A friend has a '97 Tahoe Sport. I'm going to see if he can snap a couple pictures of the underside contact points of the brackets.
    Thanks!

6. ezstriper

ezstriper Full Access Member

Name:
    Rob
    the flat area up above rocker should have threaded inserts for factory boards to bolt to, many of the aftermarket ones use the same ones to make them no drill

7. Clutch Powers

Clutch Powers TYF Newbie

Name:
    John
    That would be extremely helpful if they were there, but the only thing like that I can see on my vehicle would be the bolt at the bottom of the front fender.
    From what I can tell, running boards weren't an option for the '93 Blazer - so the mounting points wouldn't be there.
    It looks like in the diagram provided above, the main support will come from brackets that seem to be welded to the inside of the rocker panel.
    I've seen a couple brackets for sale on ebay, but I would need 8 of them. I don't think that's something that could easily be removed from a parts vehicle, so I may look at fabricating something.
    I assumed it would be much simpler overall...

8. east302

east302 Full Access Member

Name:
    east302
    I’ve seen some that are listed as bolt on, but they’re usually the round bar type.

The previous owner put Smittybilt brand bars on my 98 (presumably removing the stock running boards like the ones in your photo) but they’re welded to the frame.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch Powers likes this.