2 different transfer case options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
GM, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to refrain from offering me the free (to me) training course usually offered to salesmen.. So I have some stupid questions that the online training can't answer, like:

The standard transfer case on a 4wd Yukon (SLE or SLT) is a "Single Speed Active Tranfer Case" and there is a $100 option (or a feature included on the $650 HD trailering equipment, depending upon how you read the ordering guide/brochure) for an "Active two speed transfer case with rotary controls".

What the heck is the difference? The way it reads to me is that the standard 4WD system will have a 2hi, 4Hi and 4Lo but no Auto4WD mode?

I ran a locate and can't find a GMC anywhere without the 2 speed active transfer case... Anyone out there own one or have any clarification on this query?

CleanSweep

Reaction score
I rolled up to the dealer and looked inside one to find that the 4wd knob only had 2 options; 2wd hi and 4wd hi. So I'm assuming getting a transfer case with 4wd lo (2 speed) is an option now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01