2/3 drop or 3/5 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Gilreath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in rear i have the set up for 360 shipped with is springs/bumpstops/extenders/endlinks and free travel mod is required

Ha, I was just looking at that exact kit on your site. I'm planning on doing the drop in a few weeks, I'm waiting for $8,500 worth of hail damage to get fixed, its been at the shop for a week now. I would be interested in shocks too.

So it doesn't need axle relocators at 4", but at 5" it does?

I did a 5/7 drop on my single cab nbs Silverado, so I'm thinking I can handle this too.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tell her it's preventative maintenence

I'm working up to the "well, if I have to replace *** anyway, might as well upgrade" but when I drove my Silverado 140k+ and didn't have to do suspension work, she might get suspicious...she isn't your average lady. She kinda knows enough to try and call me on the BS lol

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tell her it's preventative maintenence

Heh, used that to buy wheels/tires over the weekend. I'm really liking the @NORCAL SS handling package. That would be ideal for me, but dropping a couple of mortgage payments in the span of 2 weeks on car parts will probably have me sleeping on the couch. LOL!

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also tinkering with the idea of dropping my Tahoe. For the 2/3 drop, will the tire tread wear unevenly? Also, I live in NorCal and drive to Lake Tahoe, is it a bad idea to drop it since I'll need to drive in the snow in the winters? Sorry for the thread jack.

Haha you said snow in cali.. all joking aside ive got the 2/3-4 kit in my trunk waiting ro be put on my DD ill report back next winter when we get a few feet of it ;)

I doubt youll have any issues we have cars that are lower then that make it around fine..

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
www.tbssowners.com/store but we just updated the website and store section got wiped so working on brinigng it back up

also check out instagram norcal_ss i set up lots of kits thru there also

Luie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now im torn between the 2/3-4 and the 0-4/5-6 Norcal kit on 24s with 305s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf