1st day, ‘22 Tahoe High Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seats in my 2017 Yukon are actually really bad. Can’t sit longer than 3 hours in those. On my way to FL I sworn I will never drive that long anymore. Test seating in the Premier, RST and High Country trim made me feel that the seats are much much more comfortable. I‘m 6‘2“ and not fat lol. I really hope the seats are better than in my current Yukon as this would be a total deal breaker. Seats are one of the reasons why I’d like to switch cars

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely agree. The last Tahoe api had was an ‘04, and the seats were like a lazy boy.

The seats in my 22 High Country look amazing, and are roomy, but after driving for half an hour, they aren’t very comfortable.

I’ll give them time to break in, but I still think a cushion for long trips will likely be needed.
Do you got the 4 way or 2 way lumbar??

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think after some break in they are comfy. Did a 800 mile trip last week and had no issues on my RST. As others have said, best seats on a vehicle ive ever owned. Now they aint no LoveSac but they are comfy enough for miles on end.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seats in my 2000 Silverado were my favorite, even at 16 years of age they were still comfortable. The seat fabric used then was nicer than today's cloth seats.

I like the heated and cooled leather seats a little more.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
I like the seats a lot. Get the right position for sure n you are good to go

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I like the seats a lot. Get the right position for sure n you are good to go
I feel like the seating position/comfortability in a car this big is very dependent on the size of the person driving and then also how they sit.....some like to slouch, recline back, or sit far away from the wheel while other people drive opposite. Now factor in your own size....I can't imagine it pleases everyone.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the seat position memory, how many times have I picked up my vehicles from an oil change and the seat and wheel tilt is set for a 7' person, one button and it's back to my setting.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is finicky, maybe it is a daylight problem and not having a target to aim at. I also haven’t mastered the speed yet. It seems to need a slower kick than my wife’s Honda. I’ll have to practice and get my technique down a bit more before I’m a foot master!
Circling back to the kick to open target, how bright is everyone's version? I cannot see the GMC Logo on the ground during the day. As a matter of fact, I didn't even think it came on in the daylight. Then I watched a YouTube video of someone w/ a Chevy and their target was bright as could be, even in broad daylight...wondering now if I have an issue.

OP
OP
selectsplat

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Circling back to the kick to open target, how bright is everyone's version? I cannot see the GMC Logo on the ground during the day. As a matter of fact, I didn't even think it came on in the daylight. Then I watched a YouTube video of someone w/ a Chevy and their target was bright as could be, even in broad daylight...wondering now if I have an issue.
I can’t see it during the day, same as you.

Lakerider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really like the kick-open tailgate and use it instinctively now, day or night. I don't remember seeing the light in the day now that I think on it. My wife has issues as she waves her foot all around. Kick straight in under the SLT and it always wirrrsss right open.

I wasn't sure about the seats at first either. I kept resting slightly on the bolster and the stitches would get you. Once I settled into the middle they seemed better. We took a 10-hour trip and I drove the entire way, something I wouldn't normally do.

We are now in the 5,800 miles zone and the engine sounds great, feels more broken in, peppier. I am happy with the 5.3 but am pretty curious what that 6.2 is like. I wish it would launch a bit more at highway speeds. It will roll, but it seems a little restricted. Anyhoooooo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid