1A Auto wheel bearing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
timken went one year? last i looked skf moog and timkin were all 3 year.

then again, i warrantied one 3 times on the regal in 2 years time with less then 5,000 put on it.

i tend to not put may miles on my cars, hell i just crossed the 900 mile mark since i got my hoe, bought it back in dec. regal i got back in 2010 with 212,000 on it, has 242,000 now. 30 k over 8 years time is nothing. we wont talk about all the track passes tho wink wink lol
Timken Alcor Aerospace Technologies, Inc. and Bearing Inspection, Inc., collectively known as Timken Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions (“TAS”), provide the following limited warranties to customers for manufactured parts and for engine, component, part overhaul. FAA-PMA replacement parts (“PMA Parts”) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, as defined by TAS standards, and will conform to the descriptions provided in writing by TAS for a period of 12 months,1000 hours, or the cycle limit of the part as defined by the applicable engine operations and maintenance manual, whichever occurs first, from the date of installation (“warranty period”). more details on - https://www.carid.com/timken/wheel-bearing-and-hub-assembly.html#warranty

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
where are you guys getting timken bearings for best price? have found them on Amazon for 110 which is better than my local napa.i know cheap isnt better and I prefer quality, but was just looking for feedback and i appreciate it all. old girl has 150,000 on it so would love to go another 150,000 without having do it.

I went with rock auto and the 5% coupon code. I think they were $104/ ea.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never heard anyone who installed a Timken hub who had it fail. @Scottydoggs the ones you warrantied- Moogs? Also, what did you torque the axle nut to?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never heard anyone who installed a Timken hub who had it fail. @Scottydoggs the ones you warrantied- Moogs? Also, what did you torque the axle nut to?
they were on my regal, one seized up and was making the car pull left, another tossed a abs code and had play in it, once off the car the rear seal popped off and it was covered in rust.

definitely timkin. i went out of my way to get it lol and tq setting for my car is 118. aldata says 136 iirc, but thats now wrong. the hubs come with a note with the tq spec.

the rusty one. and there no real miles on it either. i do maybe 10 miles a day, and no miles all winter. come to think of it, my job at the time was literally a mile away.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g342/scottydoggs/oldhub_zps77eace9e.jpg~original

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Amazon $80/pair specials are going on 22k miles on mine, dropped on 24s

bigblackdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone ever used 1A Auto wheel bearings? the reviews on their site look great! just wanted any feedback from you guys. my front left hub is junk jacked it up and hands at 12 and 6 can move wheel and tire probably 2 inches back and forth, if not more.
Wouldn't suggest you drive to the store in the truck to get the new wheel bearing.
Also check the ball joints on the suspension and check the front drive or half shaft cv joint boots for cracks and further check the halfshaft diff seal for leaks (and the fluid level). You are in this deep, fix it all in one go. Unless you have all the right tools, a jack, stands, some air pressure and air tools, a torque wrench, Front End work is dirty, knuckle bustin', miserable work to do in the driveway.
I've been a Master Mechanic for 30 years, please take some free advice. You are playing with steering and suspension and hurtling 3 tons of metal down the road while asking about aftermarket parts on a website. Perhaps get a quote from someone local and pay the money to get it inspected and fixed correctly. There is a lot of overlap in labor time for the services I mentioned.
Get piece of mind, spend your weekend grilling out, cutting the grass, sailing or just watching football. You also get a warranty so if the white box Chinese POS you are asking about fails, which they do, you don't have to do the job again, because you bought a part with a lifetime exchange warranty.

OP
OP
H

hepp04hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the timken bearing and my mechanic who is GM certified and trained been wrenching for 25+ years did the work. he told me that other than brakes which I got the nnbs stuff waiting to go on it all looked great for a 15 year old SUV in the rust infested state of Iowa. I have never went the cheap route and when it comes to my safety or more importantly the safety of my 5 kids and wife I will never try to half ass or slide by. All I was doing was asking for feedback, opinions. I went with a quality and well recommended bearing. if I was worried just about saving money and being cheap I'd never asked and gotten the cheap 75 dollar for a set ones. thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. hopefully the timken goes another 15 years!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts