1999 yukon power steering leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just purchased a 1999 yukon. i could not be happier!
however it has a power steering leak.
seems to be a common issue. new pump the best solution?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it leaking?

Reman pumps are hit or miss, but your odds probably improve if you don’t get the cheapest one available.

There will be two choices, one with the EVO bypass pipe installed or one without it since they don’t sell the EVO solenoid valve anymore. You’d transfer your parts to the new pump in that case.

For a pump with the bypass already installed, just connect the hose and leave the EVO sensor harness tied up somewhere.

A third option is to buy the bypass line separately (but it’s a $60 GM part) and put it on a pump that doesn’t have it already installed.

I’d buy the new pump with the bypass line already installed. Hit it with some brake clean to get the spray paint off of the fittings. It’ll be easier to check for leaks then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My leaks were both lines.

You can buy the high side line with the compression style line (rubber/metal line). The other line is easily replaced with some new rubber hose and clamps from your favorite local parts store.

Having some line/fitting wrenches or crowfeet, I think it was a 18mm to get the lines off the steering box will make your life easy!

prod_19266716912?hei=520&wid=520&op_sharpen=1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094