1999 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I need to clarify some info you have gone from engine cooling to to engine oil cooler back to engine coolant. This is getting confusing. The pictures you posted looks like antifreeze coolant or really bad oil. My interpretation changes between each picture Which look like from my point of view is leaking from the pump or hose in front and dripping it way back. You really need to get in there and clean it up better when it is cold. And maybe get a inspection mirror. to look under the water pump for leaking from what is called a weep hole which tells you if the water pump shaft seal is leaking. One picture looks to show that is what is happen but normally a water pump leak do not move that far back in the compartment unless it is not coming form the pump. For the moment I will treat it as an antifreeze leak.

Don't be pissed off at my asking this but are you adding engine oil or antifreeze and to where? Once again don't be mad at me for asking. I just feel like we are jumping from place to place on this and the details are changing along the way and I don't want to provide you with the wrong info either. But I am sure this will get figured out. It can be difficult to do over the internet. One other thing are you getting cross contamination of fluid like oil in water or vice-versa.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Thanks for that. After looking at these photos and reading the discriptions of the issues im having with the coolent leak. Do you thiink its hoses? It seems to be starting "higher back farther" unless im missing something.

Clean the leaks up a little better like I mentioned If it is coming from the back high up the intake manifold gaskets may be junked a little lower could be head gasket or freeze plug. All of these have happened before to others.

OP
OP
O

Oh Bob Saget

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i did add some summer air to my tires because it had spring air in it. Also my Joshnson rod needed lubed as well so i put some anti freeze in my gas tank.
LOL.... im not pissed hhe... trust me im not mechanic but i have seen people do stupid shit.

So here is the deal. What you are seeing all around is the antifreeze "coolent" I can see where the iformation is getting a little mashed up. Its a coolent leak. IE i pour it into my radiator inlet cap it up.. nothing happens. I start the truck it starts dripping antifreeze.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

holy dyslexic hour batman... i think my hands are tired from punching my truck =) J/K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63