1999 Tahoe cranks bu does not start when it is above 85 degrees outside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike593

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had replaced the mass airflow sensor, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor and the crankshaft positioning sensor on the Tahoe. Everything ran fine for about 15 minutes. I shut off vehicle and went back to move it out of the way and it would not start. Security light was on. I did the troubleshooting and found that the Passlock security module had shorted out. I replaced it and it started right up. Moved the vehicle outside for the day. Went out to move it back in later that afternoon and it would crank but not start. Security light is not on. I pulled the security module again to make sure it had not shorted out again. It was fine. The next morning I tried it and it started fine. It has been doing this all week. It will start when it is cool and not start when it gets above 85 degrees outside. It is not throwing any codes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is already in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member