1999 2500 Suburban 454 Talk me Out of It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little bit. I drove the thing and it’s not a LX that’s for sure. It was a nice truck but the LX is paid for so just gonna hang onto it for now. Basically after driving it, it didn’t blow my socks off like I was expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the only advantage to the burban is space... towing? or if you like it more. Those lexus lx's are really a fine piece of engineering

OP
OP
turq

turq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only advantage to the burban is space... towing? or if you like it more. Those lexus lx's are really a fine piece of engineering
Yes, if I had to tow a lot more or more often it would have been a no brainer. I don’t. Just a boat locally and a utility trailer.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, if I had to tow a lot more or more often it would have been a no brainer. I don’t. Just a boat locally and a utility trailer.

a lx 470 with low miles still goes for 15k sometimes more! it's a easy choice they are the cream of the suv crop

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
4 5 4 No replacement for displacement. Best two years of my life driving a Ford short wheel base service bin truck w/ a 460 and dual tanks. Hussman specifically set them up to lug around a few Carrier 06e compressors at 500lb a pop on the I15 to Vegas’ 6% grades that last for almost 12 mi.

I inherited it at 101k mi and put another 45k on it before it was taken away. No one knew it had a/c meant for the Field Supv only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN