1998 yukon, Is my fuel pressure regulator bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was Delco 217-3029 but that was in 2016 and 2018. I think it may have been superseded? At the time, it was around $400. It did come with a GM instruction sheet but was possibly a rebranded Delphi as it had that name stamped on the electrical connectors. Or maybe Delphi just provided the connectors, who knows.

Too, GM Performance Parts sells one (19210687). A quick glance shows them for around $550 on GM dealer sites. I wouldn’t have an issue buying that part.

C1E519F7-FE6B-414B-9DEC-451983ED1E89.png

Last edited:

Donf

Reaction score
I did mine about 18 months ago. I was "in denial" for a while and did the wires, plugs, cap and rotor thing and a few other odds and ends before throwing in the towel and doing the injectors. The good folks here convinced me that I needed injectors but I was hesitant to spend so much when nothing else changed the situation. I read somewhere that occasionally Amazon has them on sale for way less. Since I wasn't in a hurry I just checked frequently and, sure enough, one day they were a couple hundred less. One click on "Buy Now" and 48 hours later, I was under the hood.

And, for the past year, the old truck runs great, no black smoke, no suspiciously smelly liquid dripping out of the tail pipe, no rough idle, no CEL. Took her out of town yesterday (short trip), ran 90 mph for maybe 20 minutes both ways and it felt great.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine about 18 months ago. I was "in denial" for a while and did the wires, plugs, cap and rotor thing and a few other odds and ends before throwing in the towel and doing the injectors. The good folks here convinced me that I needed injectors but I was hesitant to spend so much when nothing else changed the situation. I read somewhere that occasionally Amazon has them on sale for way less. Since I wasn't in a hurry I just checked frequently and, sure enough, one day they were a couple hundred less. One click on "Buy Now" and 48 hours later, I was under the hood.

And, for the past year, the old truck runs great, no black smoke, no suspiciously smelly liquid dripping out of the tail pipe, no rough idle, no CEL. Took her out of town yesterday (short trip), ran 90 mph for maybe 20 minutes both ways and it felt great.
Just upgraded to multi port injections, problem was fixed for a while! Went for a test drive which was great as well, as soon as I got home to do another fuel pressure test it was just as bad before I did the job. The leaking fuel pressure symptom is gone, so I did fix that, I have another post troubleshooting the issues that I found after everything I’ve done.